justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by Milquetoast
3.2 beer means it is 3.2% alcohol, which is less than the normal 4 or 5%. Watered down to satisfy some bizarre laws of various states. :|

Depends on where your from.... in Oklahoma "normal" beer is 3.2

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Are the liquor stores still as hard to find? I seem to remember something about the size of their signage, it couldn't be lit at night or .....
At least around Turner Falls and Fort Sill they were.

If I don't bring a lock, how am I going to make sure I don't run out of Shiner? :confused:

I once ran out in New Hampshire and had to drive back all the way back from there without any! :uh:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Thanks oldguy, there is some good stuff in there.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I'm no longer much of a beer drinker, but there is no way on earth you can call 3.2% swill normal beer! It doesn't even taste like beer.
With all the water it may help to keep you hydrated though. :)

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by Tony Eeds
Are the liquor stores still as hard to find? I seem to remember something about the size of their signage, it couldn't be lit at night or ..... :uh:
Yet another crime.

I'll have to bring the Gentleman Jack with me just in case.

Txbigguy

Camp Tejas Chef
N. Texas SP
Jan 14, 2002
I am going to try and have some of my Home brew beer up there with me. I will be more than willing to share with you guys. If I get it right it will be about 6%

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by Okiewan
DirtRider.Net of course does not condone or suggest that people should drink alcohol during DirtWeek.
I'm gonna get me one of them 4 gallon solar showers w/tent and bathe in 3.2, should cleanse all of my crevices. :moon:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Oldguy - I'm with Okie ... Thanks for the link!

You know .... having to get all the new stuff in preparation for a journey of this magnitude is about half the fun. Meeting all y'all (plural for y'all ;) ) will be other half.

How many days is it? Anyone keeping count?

Tony

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I should have known that Okie would have that covered. :D :scream:
It has been a while since I looked at the home page ....
BTW, doesn't the fifth guy in on the left on the 23rd row have his eyes shut? ;)
63 days and counting! :)
OAN, for all you gear hounds, check out http://www.zodi.com/ for the ultimate in portable hot shower equipment. I have seen them less expensive in REI and Cabalas, but here is the whole shebang.

Last edited:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by Fred T
Can you just hang up your laundry outside your camper and have housekeeping pick it up and have it ready by riding time? Mints on the pillows too?
Now that's what I'm talking about. :)

Sounds like Mikeb needs to find a way to mass produce his home made shower and make a killing at DW! ;)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Oldguy - Thanks, I stumbled across them after I sent the post. They have 2 on Ebay for $10.00 less than their regular price. I am trying to track down the type that is nothing more than the sprayer that Zodi has. If I am not on my scoot I am in my canoe on a river, and I thought that would be good for both.

Top Bottom