Dirtbike Freindly Accomadations

Kwi-Chang

Nov 17, 1999
Located in the Kootenys, the B&B has lots to offer the dirt biker and his (or her) family.
Easily accesable on major highways, the south east British Columbia property, on Tie Lake, is close to several World Class Ski Resorts including Fernie, Kimberly, Whitefish (Montana). There are plenty of other activities for those times when you're not on your bike. River Rafting, Boating, Fishing, Sight seeing etc.

The nice thing about this B&B is that the trails can be accessed directly from the property - no loading & unloading is needed. The trails range from riverbed sandy terrain to high alpine to logging cut lines to single track. There is also an area that one of the locals has made into a MX style track with jumps and bumps.

Snowmobiling in the winter is great as well. Again you can ride directly from the property and find some fantastic high alpine terrain with lots of snow. There are also heli-skiing opportunities in the area.

The B&B has 3 rooms each having a private bathroom and there is also a seperate three bedroom cottage with a full kitchen and full bathroom. There is a shop (with a complete set of tools) where work can be done on the dirtbikes or snow machines.

Check out the website: http://www.cyberlink.bc.ca/~loonbay/ for more info. I can arrange a discount if you contact me about reservations. I can also arrange guided rides.

My email is mleaney@mac.com

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
That place sounds awsome. Don't think I can do that this year but I will keep it in mind.

Kwi-Chang

Nov 17, 1999
Just let me know when and I can arrange the plans for you.
They can sleep up to 18 people so it's ideal for a family reunion or a small spode fest. The best months are May thru October for dirt biking although I have ridden the area in February when it has been a dry year.

The Koocanusa is a lake formed by the Kootenay river which has a dam a few miles south of the US/Can border. They drain it down over the fall and winter months and it leaves a lot of sandy lake/river bed open for riding in the spring. In the fall the salmon run up through there and it is quite a sight - just watch behind you because the bears like to have a thanksgiving feast before they go for their long winter nap.

Kwi

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…