m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
im a little to cheap to buy a trailer. plus i dont have anyone to ride with. so, i was thinking about buying a dirtbike hitch carrier. you slide it into your hitch and you put your dirtbike on it and strap it down. has anyone used one? i dont know if how well made they are. just a thought, any input would be great, thanks.
-mike

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
thank you sir.... i was just looking at pictures of bikes on the back of the car and i also read you can buy tailights and directionals for it. i realized that you cant see the brake lights which will probably get me pulled over and someone will probably rear end me and stuff the bike into my suv....

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
If your vehicle has a hitch then it probably has a connector for trailer lights. It would be fairly easy to buy a pair of trailer lights (turn/stop/tail) and mount them on the bike carrier and then plug them into the trailer light connector.

rod

B

biglou

rmc_olderthandirt said:
If your vehicle has a hitch then it probably has a connector for trailer lights. It would be fairly easy to buy a pair of trailer lights (turn/stop/tail) and mount them on the bike carrier and then plug them into the trailer light connector.

rod
I've never seen that done, but that sounds like a good idea.

ats666

Apr 26, 2007
I bought a hitch mounted dirt bike hauler and added magnetic trailer lights to it but have to move the lights around depending on what bike I have on it.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
biglou said:
I've never seen that done, but that sounds like a good idea.
I did it to the dirt bike rack I had. Just mounted them to a piece of aluminum tube, pulled the wired through and put plastic caps on the ends. A couple of bolts with wing nuts held it to the rack and made it easy to remove quickly.

CJR

Jun 22, 2008
I purchased one from Cabelas.com and I have been very happy with it. Not sure what brand. It is a breeze to load with one person and is very secure. It does block the license plate and partially the brake lights but you can still see them. I have a chevy trailblazer. I haven't had any problems with the police. I would highly recommend one. It stores real easy in the garage and it relatively cheap. A few buddies bought the same one and no issues.

A guy I know bought one straight from the Honda dealer and it has a small storage platform between the rack and the rear bumper. He puts his gas tank on there during transport which is an awesome feature since with most haulers don't have room and your gas tank has to go in the back of the SUV. It stinks up the car. I overlooked this when I got mine and I wish I had that feature. Not a huge deal but nice feature. If you are interested I can ask him the brand.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom