Dirtman100

Mar 24, 2006
After many,many years on CR 500s, I finally made the change to a KTM 525 EXC. Wish I would have done it sooner. Great bike, never had a four stroke before, really like the E-starter too. I miss that raw, unexplainable power of the 500 but I've discovered that I can actually turn now.
" I can turn, I can turn"!!! .
We put my nephew (15yo 160lbs) on an older (1988) Cr 125 to learn on but soon found out that it has no low end AT ALL!!!. none, zero, zip, nada, not even a hint of bottom end, so... we found a very nice 1992 KDX 200. Super clean, Vet owned, 800 miles on odometer, stock front tire, only needed a new air filter and fresh gas.
This should work much better for him. It Doesn't have that snap that would eventually come from th CR but that's fine. That CR went from nuthin' to too much, :yikes: he couldn't ride it at either end of the power band.
So thats what brings me here and hopefully him too. I'll have plenty of questions I hope all of you can answer like a lack of rebound adjustment on the forks ,hmmm, thats odd. and the little electrical do-hickey on top of the airbox cover.. WTF?

I found KTMTalk to be like heaven on earth for stuff with my new ride, nuthin' but praise for it's members, knowledge, good heartedness, common sense and sense of humor, so I'm holding all of you to some pretty high standards :blah:
Lets do it !!!

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Welcome to DRN so off to the KDX and KTM forums for you :)

Glad to hear that your loving the new bikes, lots of info here about them too.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Canadian Dave's Just KDX is what got me to this forum. Been here since 99 with lots of friends and a great network of folks for advice and info. Enjoy DRN.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Again, welcome to the site and shout if you have any questions!

Top Bottom