dirtrider and dirtrider

Status
Not open for further replies.
dirtrider.com and dirtrider.net
anyone know if the 2 are affiliated in any way ?
just curious

Red

"dirtbiking good clean fun"

Dirtrider.net is in no way related to that lame rag masquerading as a magazine or their equally lame website. ;)

well fluffy bunny rich dont hold back tell us what you reall think , ;o)

Red

"dirtbiking good clean fun"

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
N. Texas SP
Asked! Answered!&nbsp; Next question. :flame:

I forgot to add as my ole buddy Harveee used to say "Kenny is a fat-assed mama's boy" :confused:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
N. Texas SP
...and a bonus, personal commentary! :p

muddy226

Sponsoring Member
I have just subscribed to Dirt Rider. Whats wrong with it, and what would be your recommendation ?

Originally posted by muddy226
...what would be your recommendation ?
Use it to paper train a puppy. :thumb:

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
Dang, Even I did think you would go that far, I mean It's one thing to use your cat for a fuel additive, but to force your dog to poop on Dirt Rider is a little over the top; My Gawd man, how would you feel if he turned around to look at his artwork and just happened to read an article.......................I shutter too think about it

Last edited:
Originally posted by JPIVEY
My Gawd man, how would you feel if he turned around to look at his artwork and just happened to read an article.......................I shutter too think about it
My guess is he would NEVER think about making house deposits in the future for fear of repeating the experience. :confused:

muddy226

Sponsoring Member
So what is wrong with it ? Obviously I am missing some history or something, but I was rather hoping that some-one could offer a reasoned critique, along with a sound recommendation for an alternative, which deals exclusively with dirt bikes. Thanks

In short the magazine is nothing more than a catalog with no real substance. The few "tech" articles they run are usually nothing more than a rehash of the same info that is in the service manual. Nothing but some simple black and white pictures with as little text as possible. They rarely provide any information that would help the average rider truly understand ANYTHING about their bike, but they will be happy to tell you how to bolt on a bunch of shiny parts. Of course making them actually work as a cohesive system is beyond the scope of these magazine posers.

A good alternative would depend on what you are looking I guess but it's my personal opinion that none of the major dirtbike magazines provide any real insight other than Racer X. They have wisely focused on more of the personality side of the sport, and do an excellent job of covering it. The rest of the major mags aren't worth the paper they are printed on, unless you enjoy looking at pretty pictures. I can't deny that they do an excellent job of photographing the sport.

None of these mags choose to provide the insight that DRN or any of the other good webites do. I'll leave it to you to decide if it's because they are too lazy or too stupid. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.