B

biglou

This seems to be a pretty popular photo! I thought you could see the bike better but it gets the point across. Looks like some dust has settled onto the windows since last year!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Someone has a really good pic of this... hopefully they will post it.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Okie, there will potentially be 2 more and however many other socal spodes we can drag out there. I suspect some people might be in the same predicament we're in, just won't know until the last minute. :confused:

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Okie,
I haven't antied up yet but I will definitely be there, most likely with No_Mo in tow. Just need to get the schedule worked out with the school thing. Also trying to drag along an outlaw in case boy blunder gets grounded from Casey.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
I don't really know anyone here, but I'd REALLY like to go. My biggest hurdle? The wife!:eek: Any ideas to convince her? She doesn't want to be alone while I'm gone, and she doesn't ride, so bringing her wouldn't be too much fun for her (unless I could somehow get her a quad). I also don't want to take the drive from Seattle alone. Is there anyone else from this area (WA, OR, ID) coming?

Jeremy

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
I'll talk to her. I haven't been able to ride with her locally yet though. She isn't getting back to me.:(The wife's still the big obstacle. She doesn't want me to leave her alone for 1 day let alone at least a week to make the 38+ hour trip to Dirtweek.:p

Jeremy

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
There were other non riding spouses there last year, sounds like there will be this year as well. Everybody loves a road trip! :) I think she would enjoy herself even though she doesn't ride. Just my opinion though.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Are quads allowed there? She shows some interest in quads, but not bikes. If I could get ahold of one, or maybe someone going there had one she could use, would she be allowed to ride it?

Jeremy

shiftless

DRN MOM
Sep 30, 2000
Hondaxrguy, Hi, I'm Okie's mom. Chris (Okie's sister, a 29 year old) and I both ride quads and we will be at Dirtweek. We had a great time at last year's event. I also read in some thread that a few of the non-riding spouses were talking about going shopping/antiquing nearby. Go on out there and get her a quad and some gear. Bring her to the DRN campsite when you arrive (you won't miss it) and introduce yourselves. She will have the time of her life. She will have to have a helmet to ride at LTM.

Joy:)

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Hondaxrguy, Bring your wife along. Last year my wife met me in Il. for the Team Bork Spodefest. She was only planning on stopping by the fest for an hour or so. She ended up having so much fun with the other none riding woman, she stayed till 10:30 that night.

Last edited:

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Hey Okie, I know this was hammered on somewhere else, but are you allowing people to show up with out pre-registration? I think I have some people talked into going, but I was not sure about "walk ins".

Thanks

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
woo hoo, sent my payment for 2 days via paypal, looks like there's no backing out for me now :)

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
380 EXC pics

I just e-mailed Okie some pics of 380Man and his Neon. Since Smitty and I were the first ones onsite last year we got to see everyone pull up. I am not very good at downsizing and posting pics so hopefully Okie will post a couple shortly.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom