endomatic

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Dirtweek 02 ?

Does anyone know when or where Dirtweek 02 will be yet.Just wondered.I need to put in for vacation. I had a blast last year and can't wait to go again.

:cool: Endomatic

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Rumor has it that a pre ride will happen at Cooperland and a decision will be made after that. I'd like to make my plans as well, however, I will be much, much more careful when I invite someone to go with justql and myself.;)

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I figure we'll be full with Lorin and Hopefully craig_enid and OKKXer. Our wives know all of them.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Don't won't a repeat of last year. That will still haunt me again, I'm sure of it.

KTMBell

May 14, 2001
Wanted to check and see if any info was available for DirtWeek 02. We had such a GREAT time last year in Casey, that we were anxious about this year.
Any word on when and where this years event is being held?

KTMBell

01 KTM200 MXC

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
........ Preliminary........
We are investigating Cooperland (Guy Cooper's place in Stillwater, OK, which is in north-central OK). Will be checking out the facility this month and meeting with Guy to see if it's do-able. We'll be shooting for late September-early October.

If that doesn't work out, we'll be back at LTM Casey in September (roughly the same time as last year).

We'll let ya know as soon as we get it nailed down.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I'm hoping for casey again this year, not that a trip to oklahoma wouldn't be great, but it'd be impossible for me to take that much time off :ugg:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
How about a poll maybe? Okie - could you post some kind of poll seeing how many would be able to attend at each if Cooperland looks like a strong possibility too. Maybe with the choices as:

Where would you be able to attend DW02?

• FOR SURE at Cooperland
  • MAYBE at Cooperland
  • FOR SURE at Casey
  • MAYBE at Casey
  • FOR SURE at Either
  • MAYBE at Either

It might be interesting to see some numbers (us accountants LOVE numbers) :confused:

B

biglou

Nikki-You can post a poll if it's the first post in a new thread.:D But I'll get the ball rolling. I'll start a new thread just for grins. Totally informal, this poll is definitely NOT OFFICIAL! How's that for a disclaimer?:)

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Originally posted by MrMXer327
Keep us up to date ! We had an awesome time there last year and are looking forward to making the jouney again this year. Cooper land would be a stretch for us traveling from PA, but we may be able to swing it.

Oh sure its a hual from PA but in your luxury bus i'd do it anyday! :p

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Demographics

As someone above posted OK may be too far for them. Any place east of the Mississippi River is out for me. This is going to be the case for most people. Some want East side, some want West side (U.S.), at least for most people who have never attended one. This event may be soo much fun that I would go to New Hamsphire to attend after I have experienced one.

If the event is in OK. I have some interest. Although 1700 miles is a long way, I think I will attend.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Mapquest says 14 hours, but I can do it in 11. :cool:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by BSWIFT
Don't won't a repeat of last year. That will still haunt me again, I'm sure of it.

Ugghhh...what happened last year. Did you guys invite a chick to go with you or something like that? :scream:

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
It's more like what didn't happen last year. It was pandelirium in the Heartland Spodes camp. People caught colds, people endo'ed, people insisted on riding bikes while wearing loafers, and there was some kind of Taco Bell incident involving senior citizens.

I'm not one to cast aspersions, but those Heartland guys should be kept under close scrutiny. :think

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I orginally assumed that when BSWIFT said that he didn't want a repeat of last year that he meant that he didnt' want to flip over the handlbars in the whoop section in the first 15 minutes of a 4 day ride. But, I sense that there's more to it than that. :eek:

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I was watching that section of track when he lost it. It wasn't pretty. I was also watching KC BigDog when he duplicated BSwift's crash. . .on MY bike! :scream: Whatever happened to KC, anyway?

Top Bottom