Dirtweek and the oldfolks (warning you its long)

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
What a week all the way home all 3 of us remembered diferrent stories (some not with the reality I remember.
Our trip started Thur at noon as we drove 340 miles (with only 3 potty stops for my wife) and we got there at about 6PM. After offroder got me directed into our camp spot thekid was already getting geared up. As soon as his bike hit the ground he was off to the MX track for over an hour of riding. Man it took almost 2 hours to set up what I can normally do in 20 minutes. Everytime we got started someone came by to introduce themselves and the anti social one I am I would wander off to talk. Eventually Trudy put a leash on me to keep me near the camper til we were done We all knew by this time we were in Heaven.:) .
Then Friday morning thekid was up at 5:45 asking when he could start riding:think . The national anthem to start the day was a very touching way due to events in the world. Since we were here to forget it was still very fitting to have that reminder that away from this little corner of the world there were problems. Once the riders meeting was over thekid was gone back to try the MX and GP track and I decided to try out the GP on my own. Got the old beast fired up rode it for almost 45 minutes. I finally started getting the hang of it when it was time for the womens MX and to my surprise here comes Trudy with all of 4 hours riding experience to try it. She finished last but happy she did it and looking forward to next year. Now on deck the kids MX both events went smooth and thekid ran away with his moto (proud dad puffed up chest). Thekid and I planned to do the team HS and both finished the parade lap and he went first. When he didn't show up I started to worry but soon enough here he came and we did the change and off I went only to foul a plug a hundred yards down the straight. He ran and got a new one but as we talked he said he felt sick and keeled off his bike -severely dehydrated and overheated. Got him up and he rode to the camper while I changed plugs and in a hurry to carch him jumped a berm only to see nothing but water. Somehow stayed dry but Patman said my eyes were as big as saucers. Friday night was a night of hotdamn and stories by the fire til 2AM-excellent end to the day.
Saturday I actually ventured onto the MX track and really ripped it up;) (at least I stayed upright and kinda sorta cleared a double. Thekid had a ball harassing Rich and I out there with what roost a YZ85 can kick up. Well the highlight of the day C class moto and thekid was determined to race it in his qualifier he got 11th of 30 and learned what roost really is as he pretended to be a gnat for some guy on a 400 in every turn. In the main he admitted being scared with a 426 on one side and a 250 on the other but he didn't seem to show it on the track getting 21st of 37. This is a race for him to remeber a long time. He capped the day off with riding Rich's CR125 on the GP track and Patmans Montessa all over the grounds (thanks guys 2 more bike on the wish list:D ). Trudy and I at this time are retired from riding and back to socializing. The awards and that night fire were again the best way to finish the day.
Sunday brought the goodbyes which nobody really wanted to say- it's hard going back to the real world after a dream weekend.
To all those I met thanks from me and the family we can't wait to do it again and to those we missed next year we will see you there.

BTW Sunday also brought a view of Busterwho proudly showing off some nice Bass he caught quite a contrast to him on the track:)

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Thanks a million oldguy, for loaning me the goods to go fishing. I havn't done that in a long long time :) , too much concrete out here :( . I released the big one in that little pond by the GP track so I can try and catch him next year if we go back to LTM :cool:!

Top Bottom