Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Hey I'm not the one with the "O-Fro" license plate on my back there cousin.:D

Slo-Mo your bringing the beer as week as the jerky?;) OK maybe I could find a sixer of Pabst Blue someplace.:confused:

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Originally posted by Patman
Hey I'm not the one with the "O-Fro" license plate on my back there cousin.:D

Thats not quite what it says but you'll never be close enough to read it anyway ;)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Oh sure like I'm never on the ground.:silly:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Work? we do this to forget work, so I'll leave out my occupation for now.

Like many of you, I am on the computer often (nightly?) on forums, mainly this one.

I am a dirt bike enthusiast, but as of lately I have become burnt out on riding...have been riding for many years, and the gas in my tank now was purchased in June I think (May?) if this gives an idea how often I ride. I am so out of shape, I am starting to ride a bit just so I can get out of bed on Thursday morning (after my first day or riding at dirtweek).
I enjoy DRN not because I ride a lot, but because (almost ) all of the people and conversations/debate are great!
Hopefully, dirt week will renew my interest in riding!

I like beer, but not the feeling it gives me the next morning.

personal stuff: 31, married, cornucopium, Latoya Jackson psychic hair club member wannabe, etc. etc.
First Iowan to sign up?

I enjoy all kinds of riding, from sub-first gear trails to high speed mx. The older I get, the more I like trails and the more punishing the mx seems.

I enjoy debating just about anything I have knowledge or an opinion on, even if it means taking the other side just to provoke thought.

At this point, there are so many personalities on the forum it's hard for me to remember who is who, but the important thing is that I don't really have a "poop list" (people I don't like), other than a few youngsters that regularly get their posts deleted.

Looking forward to meeting everyone at this you-nique event!

Last edited:

KXKen

Jan 6, 2001
I'm 39, single, I have a 15 year old boy (has lived with me since he was 2 :) ). I work as an electronic technician. We're both C Class riders but my son is starting to hit the triples :eek: . My riding started at age 12 but I only rode for 3 years. In 98 I bought a bike again thinking it would be a great thing to do with my kid. I was right.

I'm slow, like working on my (and other peoples) bikes, and enjoy putting down a few beers (this I do very well). I guess this makes me a spode? Never heard that term until I came here.

I've never met any DRNers so this will be a first for me. My son and I are both looking forward to this whole thing.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Formerly an Astronuat for NASA, but got bored with the excelleration of those rockets,......so I bought a KTM520. ;)

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
RONTLMAO Shaw :):)

I'm 30 yrs old, Married for 9 years now to a wonderful gal that lets me spend as much time as I want with the bikes (well all most as much as I want :confused: ) Just as long as I take her shopping once in a while;)

Started riding when I was 15 then forgot about it for a few years until in 99 I bought a new RM and have been Gun Ho! ever since. Cant wait to meet and see you all there!

Not much of a writer so I don't post a lot, I'd much rather be on the trail, sitting around the campfire bench racing and drinking a few cold ones.
See ya in a few!

SirReel

Aug 23, 2001
32 Single but taken and I work for a big ugly telco doing programming and dba stuff.
I started riding at 4 with a 73 Indian 50 (wish I still had that bike). Rode/raced until I was 15 and then just rode. At 18 I moved away for school, soul searching, etc. I got back into riding thanks to my girlfriend who, after watching me sit mesmerized at the st. louis SX last year says "why don't you quit talking and just get one of those things". I asked if she was sure about what she was stating and got a "yeah, i think so..." that was all it took. I went out 2 weeks later and bought a new yz250 and the rest is history. Then I found DRN and dirt week and I couldn't believe it. And not too far from home... This sounds like so much fiun, I can't wait!!!

AnneBrooks

Jan 17, 2001
I am 37 and this is my 3rd year of riding (if you can count the 5 times I rode my XR100 the first year).:)

I have been in the investment business since 1983. I enjoy woods riding, hare scrambles races, mountain biking, road biking, rollerblading, cooking, crafts and reading.

Bob and I have been married for 2 years and have no children :p !! We are looking forward to meeting all of you and having some fun riding!!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I got a Sears minibike with a 5hp Briggs in 1969. I started building ramps by laying old plywood on tree stumps. Suspension on those babies was a bit harsh!
I also figured out that if I tied a piece of bailin wire to the governer, I could get mucho more speed! (my first mod):)

I had a variety of rats for years after that. One of them was a Super Rat (I was quite envyed in '72 by my buddies still on Honda 50's and crappy Chibi's)

I stopped riding when I graduated high school in '78 and joined the Army.
Many moons later, out of the blue...my wife asked me if I thought it would be a good idea for me to get our boys dirtbikes. "Oh my YES honey....thats a marvelous idea! I better get one too so I can ride with them!":p
OK, I'm back in and lovin it! (even more than the boys do)

I'm now 41 yrs young with a wonderful wife (Sharon) and 4 kids 18,16,13,11.
I own a conveyor company and do most of my business with auto makers and manufacturing types. We live in southern Indiana, just across the river from Louavul, Ky. I'm a hard line republican who was absolutely embarrased by the previous clown who called himself our leader. But I'm much happier now! :D

NRA, AMA, F&AM, Millwrights Local #1031

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
I'm 38, divorced, no kids (which means no ties to the ex either!! WOOHOO)
been riding since I was 16 or so. Started off with a 79 KDX 400 and beat the living crap outta it. Then went to college and been on various Jap street bikes and finally a 83 Harley Wide Glide for the last 10 years. Got the dirt bike bug again this summer when one of the other electronic techs leaves his Dirt Rider magazines laying around here at work. Got me a 93 KX 500......always felt like that old KDX was underpowered. Now I hang on for dear life!!! Gonna try and run a few hare scrambles around the Indiana area in 2002. Been on a moto-x track, no way i'm gonna try to race THOSE!! Still working on my nerve to do doubles let alone triples!! (guess it's old age and the desire to not break any bones thats kicking in). Looking fwd to meeting everyone and having fun just riding!!

dkb

Sponsoring Member
Apr 6, 2000
Here goes... I'm 37, married for 9yr. I have a 4yr. old son who is learning to ride his pw 50:cool: I also have a 18 month old little angel (girl). I get a new dirt bike every 10 years whether I need one or not. 1977 yz 80 at the age of 13, 1989 kx125 for one season when I was about 24years old. Then the kdx
I'm blazing fast... in my mind, then I get passed by Jesse on his pw.:eek: cant wait to spit cuss and lie with y'al Darinl

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Patman! LMAO
Stop sniffing Rich's radical race gas ok?
It's really starting to effect you.

Me:38 single with a wonderful 5 year old boy.
Active in the AMA as an off road Congressman and District 17 Pres.
Occupation is turning boring CR250's into something more fun.. 500's :)
Started riding at 10 on a XR100 which i promptly ( 2nd day i had it)
jumped into the side of our brick house..demolishing the bike breaking the engine cases and most everything else and taking a few bricks with me.
No injury though lol Kinda defines my riding career:eek:
I enjoy the street or road course almost as much as the dirt,if they could just get some jumps in the asphault;)
I've ridden probably 20 to 30 races a year average over the last 17 years.
Mostly MX..with a short stint in quads/atvs in the GNCC series as well as MX.
Since I have moved a lot..ive ridden many cool places.
A regular at Glamis dunes,octillo and Baja for 5 years and any SoCal track..
and since I moved to the midwest i have traveled both east coast and most of the midwest hitting variuos tracks and riding areas.

LTM is one of my favorite tracks :)
See you all there soon!

Current bikes:
00 pw50( Brendens)
01 CR80 expert( my woods bike and for sale)
01 CR500AF
98 VTR1000f (superhawk)

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
Oh Crap!

lets start this with I just turned 40 on the 8th, and I hate that number! I have been riding since i was 9, and have had 22 bikes to date! i have never raced anything other than drag race someone down the sand flats at the local riding park. Been married to a very wonderful woman who puts up with a high maintance husband, for 11 years. I have two boys, 5 &10 the 10 year old will be with me, and is very excited about this.
My profession? auto tech. wifes? in real estate. got an old house jus so i can redo it.:D My son and I ride mostly trails, i find it easier to keep up with him here! but every now and then, the circuliation comes back into my hands, and I TRY to ride like a teenager again!:confused: I keep lookiin over the other posts, and man, I cant stop laughin! I can't wait to meet you all in person!
just yelled at my oldest, anyone want him??

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Born...........can't remember, but I invented the infernal confusion engine right away
Education.....continuing....
Married.......forever, to shiftless of DRN fame and who invented no-shift riding
Kids...........28 year old quad riding daughter and behind-the-scenes DRN operative; and one forty-somethin' son who invented DRN
Profession...corporate workaholic, world business traveller
Riding History........1950s early Maicos; after 20-year rest retrained on 1974 KLX; another 20-year rest then KXs, and now posing on a blue piglet til I can't no mo'
Sports.......MX for fun (what else?), racquetball
Injuries..... cracked ribs from MX, broken ankle from racquetball
Entertainment.....fine dining, theater, opera :o:o
Reading.......currently "Lance Armstong: it's not about the bike"
Unfulfilled Dream...... riding like Roger DeCoster; engine smarts like Rich
Life Achievement.....still ticking
Current Obsession....DRN and vacationing with 160 soul mates

Last edited:

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
me? 38yrs old, i'm a really cocky rider untill i get on my bike, then i'm "skareed" all over again. got my first bike from detasseling, a 125 indian(a what!) when i was 13, family(mom) moved back to the city at 15 and didn't ride again till i was 30somthin' .i got my first real bike ,one that would actually pull the wheel off the ground, in early aug this year, an 01 wr426, i'm airborne infantry airassault, so i spent all my adault life doin' scarey stuf without as much as a second thought, but the tripples still make me wet my pants!ha!:scream: i'm a fairly social fella who like holding hands, long walks in the woods and the company of like minded drunken men.:eek: my wife has a ttr225 and is convinced the only object of dirtweek is to have her show up with a bike for 3 days of organized, singleminded, totall humilitaion on her part, pretty much her daily married life to me.:think i'll be in later wed night for thurs,fri, leave sat night. see ya there.btw, my speeling and gramur are bad bad, but no use pointing that out, as i have such a high humiliation factor as to be non-existant.

Last edited:

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by Patman

Slo-Mo your bringing the beer as week as the jerky?;) OK maybe I could find a sixer of Pabst Blue someplace.:confused:

Sorry Patman, I'm of the No-Beer persuasion. I retired my funnel long ago. But I will bring much jerky(venison) IF I get my deer in time!

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
I've got brown hair, Blue eyes, 5'9", Weight is proportional. I like movies, long walks on the beach, and playing with my dog fluffy-puffy-boo-boo-bear..
:p

This is when I wish I had an alternative screen name. :confused:

Don't worry, I'm actually a married with child suburbanite who enjoys agrevating the neighbors with my motorcycles and beating the crap out of myself every Sunday riding through the woods. Do we HAVE to wear the name tags? :)

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
I am 37 years old. Married to the sweetest woman (Cycledelic Neophyte) - oops I meant Swedish woman:p She really gets on my nerves so I started riding dirt bikes to try to get away from her. So what did she do ... she went out and bought a dirt bike too!!!:scream: Now when i try to get away from her i have to turn around and go pick her up. I ride in the woods so that she can't see me too well. On the MX track all she has to do is wait until I make it around (if i make it around) so i stay away from MX.

I have only been riding for the past year - but rode some when I was a kid (in years). Mentally i remain a child (just ask my boss).:confused:

Proof of this could be that i thought that DW was the last week of September until Wendy told me otherwise today Now i need to get out of a trip to MX (that's Mexico not Motocross) where i am sheduled to be through Friday of DW.

I eat food. Especially Jerky. So bring it on Slo' Mo. I helped you get rid of it last year and I will do the same this year. (The hot stuff was great).

Kelvin = My dog.
KDX = My bike.
Wendy (a.k.a. Cycledelic Neophyte) = The crazy woman i am running from.
:scream:

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Bill..
LOL
i was thinking wearing my TARAKER name tag and pastel pink riding gear ....if you follow me? :eek:

I know Matt would apprecite that. :p

BUK0138

Sponsoring Member
Mar 29, 2001
Hi All

Donny and Stacy (motocross weekend warriors)

As much as are busy schedule will let us.... we enjoy ridding motocross. Donny has been at it for about seven years, this is his first year back after a two year layoff due to an injury. As for me its my first year on a bike and up and racing, I can proudly say I have impacted the dirt at almost every track in Illinois and last weekend added a Michigan track to my tally board. If I make it through my first year alive I might really enjoy this sport.

Well... when I am not out taking soil samples with my helmet, I work as a firefighter/paramedic.
Donny works for Ford Motor Company he puts together cars at the Chicago assembly plant.
We both love ridding motocross camping and boating, in the winter we spend a lot of time snowmobiling and running from hockey rink to hockey rink (I play hockey Donny screams at the refs) :scream:

This will be are first DNR Dirt Week ... we love LTM it one our most favorite places to ride!!!!!!!!

Ps we will be accompanied by our big fat black lab named Max... he has a bad habit of going on unauthorized scouting trips... he can usually be found observing the eating habits of all racers....so beware and guard your ham sandwiches:confused:

see ya all in a week:)

KyKTM835

Dec 7, 2000
Well, I'm 42 and work night shift in the shipping dept of an office furniture plant. I'm married with 1 daughter 22 , 1 son 17 (thumper_994) and 1 grandson 2. My 1st bike was an old step through Honda 50 when I was about 10 yrs. old. I then got an old Honda Super 90 that was stripped down for dirt. My 1st new bike was blue 1971 Honda SL125 :cool: I also had a Yamaha 360 mx and a 1975 Husky WR250. I used to ride Enduros all the time.I started when I was 14 ( they were'nt to strict about age back then ). I had advanced up to A class by 16 but then lost interest. Rode a little off and on after that. In 1986 I bought a Suzuki Quadsport and started riding quads. Bought a 1986 Honda 250R quad that year and started racing a little again, MX,Harescrambles,Enduro,Flatrack. I quit riding again about 1990.

About 4 years ago my son seemed interested in riding so I bought a couple used bikes, XR100 and XR600, with the intent of just riding for fun :scream: I raced a couple harescrambles on the 600 and decided that I needed a lighter bike for this out of shape old fat man :eek: I then bought a 95 KDX 200, and now have a 01 KTM300MXC. My son now has a 1997 XR280 and is racing also. I race in the Senior C class in the Mid-South series.

I also enjoy NASCAR, basketball,softball. In fact I will be going to Cincinnati this weekend to play in a Mens Class E National Slowpitch tournament. We finished 3rd in the KY state tourny a couple weeks ago. I guess softball is really my 2nd passion. I've been playing for about 25 years now.

We will be arriving on Thursday. Can't wait :) :)

Bill

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
39 going on 29

Married with 3 kids that all ride :)
I started with a 68 Gemini 50cc minibike when I was 9. Gave up bikes from 25 till 35 because of wife and small kids. :(
The older boys started on me for a gocart or motocross bike, so I told them they had to convince mom . She said yes and before she knew what happened, there were 4 bikes in the garage. We all ride some MX. I also like single track . I will have my 10 yr old son with me at DW. Now thats what I call quality bonding time!

See ya there, Walt

Flag and name will be on front # plate, stop by and say hey.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i guess i didn't put my bio up. i'm 42, married, two daughters ages 10 & 4. the ten-year old races a ktm 65 (she raced the ktm challenge in '99 at the dallas sx). i hope to have the four-year old on our jr50 next spring. i've been racing mx since '86. i was fairly serious about racing in the early 90's, then went through a string of broken bones, slowed down and got fat. now i still race to win but i put fun first. i race mx about 20-25 times a year. i ride trails about 2 or 3 times a year. dirt week will be the third time this year. the sawblade/bswift mamba whacking adventure was the first. justql's enduro was the second. i like woods riding okay, i just don't have time to do it. so far i have ridden with three drn members. i had a great time. i can only imagine how fun it will be with 165 drn members.:)

i want a '02. will someone please buy my bike?

Top Bottom