RMrider

~SPONSOR~
Jun 18, 2001
A Video Eh???? HMMMM

Ya know you could probably make some pretty decent money making videos on how to rebuild certain complex motors (YZ250F, YZ/WR426F, etc). I know that if I had one of these thumpers I'd like to know how it ticked without riping into it blind. Plus the average joe would be able to save money with the knowledge on how to do a top or bottom end rebuild on one (I'm sure it isnt cheap at a Yamaha dealership). Just some food for thought.

Ty

P.S. If anyone has a runing late 80's early 90's 250 they are looking to sell for cheap I would like to replace the stolen RM before Dirtweek (or I cant attend). email me if so at Frdmstang@aol.com

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
OK, OK!

Maybe a rebuild is a little to much to ask of ANYONE at Dirtweek or at a track of any kind. However, maybe someone has some trashed cylinders and pistons to bring as kind of a "show and tell". This would give members a chance to see the kinds of wear/damage to look for when doing a top end. The parts could be set on a table with a brief discription of the various problems and likely causes. I think most could spot a hole in a piston but maybe not other potential problems. Besides, this is not intended to make us all experts, rather more informed consumers. A video series on rebuilds would be very helpful and I would sign up for one, especially if it was being produced by someone with some credibility. :think

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
a rebuild clinic/video, are you nuts! beans to that! i want an honest to god,hands on,how to,step by step,by a pro, on how to ride better'n that 11 year old over at the local track! i ride in with my wife in the front seat,and my new wr426 in the back of the truck, and this menance/show off goes over a jump next to me,then rides a wheelie next to me for about 50 yards. heck i think he wanted to roost me. needles to say i hid under the front seat till i was shure he was gone. that's the kind clinic i want.:p

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Wardy and AJ ran a riding clinic last year and it should be on the schedule this time around as well.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
riding clinic! i'm there,i'll get on the home pc tonight and try to do the pay pal,otherwise i'll bounce,er i mean,send a check over. i'm smart enough,good enough,and gosh darn-it people like me.:D

Top Bottom