Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Hot Pants said:
Sorry I missed everyone this year.
Me too, Sandy kept saying, "I wish Sarah was here with the baby." :)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Sounds like the eats just get better and better each year!! Here are some recipes from the stuff I made at DW '03 for the cookbook.

Chicken Fried Steak and Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes and Gravy:
Tenderized Steaks
Flour
Salt and Pepper and Cayenne Pepper to taste
Garlic salt
Eggs
Half and Half

Mashed Potatoes
5 lbs Red Skin Potatoes cut in half, boiled ,skins on
2 Sticks Butter
1 Cup Half and Half or more
2 TBL chopped garlic

For the steaks, you'll need to set up a dredging plate with the flour and salt and pepper, and a second pan (pie plate works well) with a mixture of 5 eggs and 1/2 cup of the cream. You may to whip up more eggmixture depending on how many steaks you are frying up.

Have a large, heavy duty frying pan on medium high heat, with olive oil or crisco (1/2 cup) ready to go.

Dredge steaks in egg wash-flour-egg wash-flour to make a nice thick coating. Pan fry 4-5 at a time or as many as you can fit in your pan. Season well with spices (garlic salt, pepper, cayenne, etc) as you cook on both sides. Set aside steaks and keep warm til you are done cooking all the steaks.

For potatoes:
Boil all of the pototoes in salted water until they are soft when you stick a fork into them. In a small sauce pan, melt the butter with the chopped garlic until the garlic is soft.

Drain the water from the potatoes. Add the butter/garlic mixture and the half and half. Mash mixture together with a hand whip. Texture should be "smooth/chunky". Add more milk or cream to achieve desired consistency of potatoes.

For Gravy:
Reserve drippings in same frying pan from the steaks. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup flour and use a wooden spoon to break up the crispy bits. Keep heat on med-low as your make your roux. KEEP STIRRING. Slowly add about 2 cups water and continue to stir as the gravy thickens and boils on low.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Shrimp Scampi with Fettucine
I will tone this recipe down to a smaller size. I think when I made it, I used about 10lbs of shrimp to feed a crowd!

2 lbs Large, shelled and deveined shrimp, raw.
1 stick butter
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup chopped parsely
6 cloves garlic, minced fine
1/4 cup capers with some of the liquid from the jar
1/2 cup white wine (I used a spectacular New York version provided by LoriKTM and Dave :nod: )
Salt
Parmesan Cheese

Melt the butter with the oil and the garlic and cook on low heat til the garlic is soft. Add the shrimp, the parsley and the capers and wine and cook, stirring occassionally, until shrimp is opaque and pink (about 6-8 minutes).

Serve over hot cooked Fettucine and sprinkle with lots of parmesan cheese.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Chicken Piccata with Penne Pasta

Again, I will tone down this recipe to a more acceptable size. You can easily double, triple, 8X this recipe if you have large enough pots to cook in.

3 large chicken breasts
Flour for dredging 1 cup
1/2 stick butter
1/4 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic minced fine
Juice of one lemon
1 can of chicken broth
2 Cups Water
1/4 cup capers + 2 TBL of caper juice from jar
2 teaspoon dried oregano or greek seasoning
Salt and pepper

Cut the chicken into 1" cubes. Shake the cubes of chicken in a plastic zip log bag containing 1 cup of flour and some salt and pepper. Shake loose flour off the chicken and fry all the cubes in a heavy skillet with the olive oil, garlic and butter on med heat til browned, but not cooked through. Sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper during browning process.

Reduce heat to low. Slowly add the chicken broth, water, capers/juice and lemon juice. Reduce heat and simmer on low til mixture thickens and is bubbly. Simmer for about 30-45 minutes on low temp. Do not boil. Stir occassionally.

Serve over hot cooked pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
For some reason, this thread is reminding me of doing a lot of pot and pan scrubbing in MrLuckey's small RV sink.... :think:

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Jambalaya

I was cleaning out my bag and found the jambalaya recipe that we were supposed to use. At least it's the one we used to purchase ingredients. We followed this LOOSELY as mafols stated earlier. This should be used as merely a guide and seasoned to your tastes. We actually doubled this recipe if I remember corrrectly.

3# Pork (Boston butt)
3# Sausage
3# Chicken
3# Onions
1 Lg. bell pepper
1 bunch green onions
3 garlic cloves
Worcestershire sauce
1 jar mushroom gravy
seasoning (Tony Chaserie or Seasonall)
chicken bouillion
8 cups long grain rice
Kitchen bouquet
cooking oil
*Water - 1-1/4 - 2 cups for every 1 cup of rice(chicken broth can be substituted for water for more flavor)

Boil chicken in water for about 30 minutes. Drain and save broth. Coat pot with oil, cook pork in oil first, then add seasoned chicken when pork is almost finished. Cook about 10 mins then add sausage and cook about 5 mins more.

Remove meat from pot and set aside. Adjust oil then add onions and bell pepper and cook about 15-20 minutes. Add garlic and cook 10 mins.

Add mushroom gravy, all meat, green onions, worcestershire sauce and water with bouillion cubes(broth). Bring o a boil and taste for seasoning, also you can add kitchen bouquet now. Add rice and return to a boil. Reduce heat a little and continue cooking, stirring just a little, about 10 mins. Cover and lower fire to steam rice for about 30 mins.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom