DirtWeek has been canceled, everyone please read.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Okay, you got me, it has not been canceled but please read the following it is IMPORTANT.

For those of you that have not signed up for DW03 but are planning to please do NOW. We are expecting record number in attendance and sponsorship levels that are higher than ever. DirtWeek take a HUGE amount of planning, much of which revolves on getting an accurate estimate of those that will be in attendance. Last year over 1/2 of all the people in attendance signed up with in the last month and we were unprepared. Event planning is not what we do for a living so the more lead time you can give us the better.

Why should you come to DirtWeek? Because you spend countless hours a day in the forums reading and posting back and fourth with people all over the world. You've become friends... No scratch that, you have become a part of the family. Even if you don't post and just read DRN you are part of the family. Well this is the annual family reunion. Come on out and I promise you will not be disappointed.

"It would be fun but I only get XX number of days vacation..." So call this the ultimate vacation. Bring the family, there will be plenty to do.

DirtWeek is not about being fast or having pro's there it is about the members of DRN, the foundation of this sport.

Why am I saying all of this? Because I think everyone should get the same feeling of family and friendship that I got out of DW. It is true what Okie said, "you have to be there to understand it."

I hope to see you there.

Adult Riders:
http://dirtweek.com/dw03_reg.html

14 and under and non-riders:
http://dirtweek.com/dw03_reg_youth_non_rider.html

For EACH person (even non-riders!), a release form is required:
http://dirtrider.net/dw03reg.pdf

This form is used for those not wishing to use paypal (Money Orders / Cashier's Checks)
http://dirtrider.net/dw03reg.pdf

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
He's kinda mean eh?

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
All paperwork has to be received by Sept. 1. ;)

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Originally posted by Thump
Even if you don't post and just read DRN you are part of the family. Well this is the annual family reunion. Come on out and I promise you will not be disappointed.

I really wish some non-posters who went last year would pipe up. This really is true. Some people may feel that there's a sort of clique among us regular posters (especially those of us who somehow got one of those thingies by their name by mistake- i.e. zio). If there is any sliver truth to that at all, I SWEAR, DIRTWEEK IS IMMUNE TO IT. It doesn't matter to anyone what stupid crap you (read: zio) posted last month. No one cares. Fun is fun at Dirtweek. Stupid screen names are even more fun. "Hi, I'm CR125Man". Or "Hi, I'm a bunch of initials that makes sense to nobody". ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing a bunch of people I met that rarely post (however, some of them have become more active as DW gets closer). Please come out, and introduce yourself to me. I'll ask first before kissing you on the cheek. :thumb:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by Okiewan
So close ~d~ ... :p

Paperwork needs to be MAILED by September 1.

DUDE!! I was trying to help you out by tricking people. Just for that... :moon: :moon: :moon:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
You:  "Hi I'm Dead."  :)

Me:  "What?  Dead...whatever.  So I see you ride a KDX.  I have a KDX too.  Let's go trail riding.  Who's you partner for the Team HS.  What, you've never raced before?  So what.  You gotta try this.  It's not a real race.  It's just for sh!ts & giggles.  You'll have a blast."  :)

Can't wait to meet you 'Dead'  :thumb: :yeehaw:

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
Can't wait to meet you too! I hope everyone will have name tags with their DRN name and real name.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Be still my heart ... Dang Thump, I was about to poop on myself .... :moon:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
No name tags, and there will be a quiz at the end of the week :p

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Whatever Thump.:p Prepare to be pepper sprayed this year mister.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
Whatever Thump.:p Prepare to be pepper sprayed this year mister.
Well then you prepare to be shot in the crotch again with a paintball gun again. And I WILL put a taranchula in you helmet, gear, boots, sleeping bag... wherever you least expect it. If you come to play you better be prepared for the retaliation Son. Not to mention if you pepper spray me I will not set your shoulder when you dislocate it again this year.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Set this :moon: Slow ass Texas rider.:)

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
:debil:

That's just wrong... The checks in the mail!

I think TimR is the First guy I met at my First DW. If I remember correctly his partner in the Team HS crashed and hurt his shoulder. Are you STILL looking for a race partner??? ;)

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Bill, that was Lemming that I was riding with, but I was the one who got hurt.  My partner for this years race will be  Farmer John.

Top Bottom