Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
It's never an issue, but with more and more people attending each year, we've got to lay down a rule from time to time :(

We are going to set-up the bonfire area as far away from the main pit area as possible this year. Most people will be worn-out (trust me on this :D) and wanting to hit the sack fairly early during DirtWeek. In a perfect world, everyone would be concerned about everyone and a "quiet cerfew" wouldn't be necessary, but...

So we are all on the same page, 11:00 PM is it. Voices down, music off, etc. (humm, I don't recall hearing ANY music last year?)... anyway, you know how to chill, that's when to do it. No way am I saying it's "lights-out", just be considerate of those trying to sleep. Cool?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Absolutely kewl with moi. :)

No whining or crying after 11:00pm either, yes? :debil:

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Generators?

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Us in the slums heard afew generators running during the night last year. Of course it wasnt bad compared the the hourly train whisle. :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Cool.:D

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sounds more than reasonable. I'm in.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
to those of you who cant sleep with noise i am going to make a suggestion. those 1.96 for 10 soft ear plugs are camping gotta haves. ive used em at the dunes where very loud vehicles run literally 24/7. i have used them on mountain tops in the middle of nowhere but tent mate snored louder than a garbage truck. they work ............just ask mx547 or bswift as to the my ability to sleep amid the din.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I won't be staying the nights because I live in Stillwater. Should be in a house by then, no more trips to the storage unit! Woo Hoo! But it sounds like a good idea to me. I don't want to have to be on the track with a bunch of grumps who didn't get their beauty sleep. Something tells me that I might miss out on a few things of interest but it is hard to beat your own bed and from what I am told I snore louder than a YZF with a Yosh pipe. Had surgery on the nose a couple of years ago so that I could breath out of it, Kind of like putting torque reads and a shorty silencer on at the same time, lots of low end! So my presence should not be missed late in the evening.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
How about a little generator for some Glade Plug Ins if Elk is upwind? :moon:

Top Bottom