DirtWeek Location Helmet Cam Video

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
1 lap around the MX track at Casey/LTM.
They were rebuilding / changing parts of the track :( ... but I got a couple of laps in. The track is just over 2 miles long the way he's got it set-up now.

Here's a lap for those with slower connections:
http://dirtrider.net/images/okielap1.wmv

Here's one for cable/dsl:
http://dirtrider.net/images/okielap2.wmv

I'll have to do a special speeded-up version for Thump and TwinSpank. :D

Hopefully, next week I'll get to go back and shoot some in the woods.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Very Cool! Looks kinda like the SuperMotard MX tracks we have been riding on. You'll have to give a vid update when it's prepped.

That helmet cam will come in real handy. I will be really cool to see how I ride with that camera behind me. ;)

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Originally posted by Okiewan
Yeah, I'll have to work on mounting the cam backwards so we can see you ride.

We will see.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Just out practicing for the Mods battle.. um I mean getting video huh? I wish that I could make it. It would be great. Sound like you have things realy hooked up for this year.

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Originally posted by Okiewan
uh... it's too dark to video in the woods? My bars are too wide? :scream: The dog ate the tape? Yeah, that's it; the dog. I'll see if I can hook-up Offroadr. He actually like the woods. :D

I think Dr Bill had the best line in a post a while back..."The dog ate my bike!" :confused:

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Very cool, I could get in to that until I start to get dizzy.

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Cool video Okie, that diesel sounds mean out on the track!

I think that video should encourage some more to sign up before the deadline hits. Come on people there's only a few days left!!!

motopuffs

Mar 15, 2001
Does anyone know if there's a way to make the little screen full size on Windows Media Player?

Very hard pack...I like the tire skidding sound coming into the corners!

Looks like a cool track, I'm impressed.

It's a little bit like the Coal Valley Illinois track, but on flatter ground. Nice long lap times (not due to your riding, Okie, but due to the length of the track)

HAzE

Uhhh...
Dec 29, 2000
Highside......

If he would of turned the front back the other way. He wouldn't of highsided. LoL, I've done that and broke my chest protector and clutch perch. Hit the family jewls at the same time. Extremely painfull.

Greg M

Jun 25, 1999
I am a video enthusiast but have never thougt about getting a helmet cam setup.

Where do you get them and what do they cost?

Greg M

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
LOL---AJ- not laughing at you, laughing with you. If I ever dreamed of flying that far, I'd be so focused on the landing that I would totally forget there was a turn coming up. Is this what happened to you, or was it just too slick to set up the turn?

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Very, very cool!!! Is that "pixleness" of the video due to something you did to compress it's size or the quality of the camera? :think

Also, on the track; I have ridden a track like that in my life so it looks very flat. In the hlaf mile of the local supercross style track there are more jumps than on that whole track!!! And as an added bonus, it gets skid marks on it is sooooo hard in the summer!!!:p Man, I really wish there were no AGE requirements for Dirtweek. I might have been able to make it untill I got the dreaded news. Can the person whom brings me(if they come through) act as the guardian?

Top Bottom