Run both Team and Individual Hare Scrambles?

• Yes, gotta have both. With the understanding that I will pay Mully three beers for everytime I roost

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • Team Only! With the same one beer penalty for roosting Mully at the scoring barrel. Unless I am a fe

Votes: 25 48.1%

• Total voters

XR3J

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 7, 2001
I voted for both because I realized I have more fun in the trees than I thought I would. I still like the track, but feel a little more comfortable in the woods. But if we only end up running one event, that's fine too. My biggest reason for going to DW is to see the people, not race.
Jerry

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Okiewan said:
No doubt, the teams will be selected by staff this year.....

Just make sure this...."staff"... doesn't split up the fine team of Timr & myself..... ;)
Two slow B riders belong together.....besides if you split us up we might end up on the course together & would prolly run into each other....

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Yeah, we have absolutely no chance of winner or ending up on the podium, so why ruin a good thing? We put on a fine display of mediocre riding! :)

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
I loved both of the hs. The course was great.
I think we should have a couple of races a day in the woods and on the track.
The nightime poker run was one of the best things of the week. More riding at night cus its the coolest!!!!!!!!
The team hs was one of the highlights of my week. heck, my first hs and I got 2nd that was way cool. It was also pretty cool to see a lone kdx then no one until the lappers came along.lol.
A 24hr big team event would be pretty cool too!!!!! :yikes: Set it up like Jenny said too. If the tracks involved shes on my team though.
I cant be the only one that enjoys riding with lots and lots of fun people!!!! The more the merrier!
Lets go have a hooot! :aj: :)
whatever the case a great time is guaranteed to be had by everyone. :joke:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I say both, because it gives us woods guys another event. And it makes for some good spectating, video, picture opps.

And I highly recommend drawing for teams. Sorry Wade, Jason, Bundy, John, etc... we all know you're fast. You don't have to pair up with another A rider to prove anything. To you guys, it's only another trophy. To the slow pokes (like me) it's THE ONLY trophy. You know how proud I am to have my 3rd place HS plaque on my wall in my study!? Anyone that tries to take that down from the wall will loose an arm! :)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
at dw01 I got paired up with BillyWho. If that didn't level the playing field nothing would. Here's how it played out
  • 1st lap billy takes off like a bullet and comes in first on the hand off
  • 2nd lap, I drop aprox 16 positions and drop the scrunchie while handing off to Billy
  • 3rd lap Billy charges through the pack and makes it back into the top ten
  • 4th lap I lose the trail and end up in a cornfield. eventually I wander back onto the track mid pack or worse
  • Billy takes another lap and picks up a few positions
  • I'm completely beat at this point, and putt my way around to a miserable finish :yeehaw:
Besides racing Lou, this is by far my favorite DW memory. I got paired up with a pro, someone I probably wouldn't have introduced myself to otherwise. Billy "got it". He knew it was for fun and didn't make me feel like crap even though I rode like crap(still do :laugh: ).

I vote for teams picked out of a hat. It will give us all stories to tell.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Regardless of which way the hare scramble goes, I vote for anything making the racing less of a serious "race" and more of a fun, goofy, different activity. Those who race have plenty of other times to race. Nothing to prove here, of all the great folks on this website, some are fast and some are slow. So what!

Just in general, what we want to avoid is having people show up just for the sole reason of racing. To me, that goes against the whole principle of dirtweek. Just my opinion... :ride:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I voted for team only. I didn't ride during either event last year, but I plan to do the team this year. (Now that I'm a little more skilled and on a better bike!).

I like Jenny's idea of picking teams out of a hat...that way I'll maybe have a chance of placing! (yeah, right!) But, it'll be fun no matter what and that's all that matters! :)

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
CAL said:
I say both, because it gives us woods guys another event. And it makes for some good spectating, video, picture opps.

And I highly recommend drawing for teams. Sorry Wade, Jason, Bundy, John, etc... we all know you're fast. You don't have to pair up with another A rider to prove anything. To you guys, it's only another trophy. To the slow pokes (like me) it's THE ONLY trophy. You know how proud I am to have my 3rd place HS plaque on my wall in my study!? Anyone that tries to take that down from the wall will loose an arm! :)

Uh...yeah about that stellar finish last year. If you remeber correctly both the team of Blunderboy/not-so-luckey-this-year and Jason/myself dropped down considerably in the standings. Seems we we were both off the pace last year, evident by me flubbing the start as opposed to 02's holeshot. Some teams and the rivalries are just like marinading before grilling-it adds a little flava, plus its tradition. :)

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Stellar finish or not, you and Jason(and others) are a team made of two A riders. That ain't no fun for us slow guys...knowing there is no chance. :ride:

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
The vote on this issue is really close. I do feel that we should draw teams, one A rider and one B rider. We should do this for many reasons but the main one in my mind is so that we have people getting together and forming new friendships. Isn't that what Dirt Week is all about ??

Now. To add some spice to this vote, I have changed it ever so slightly. :laugh: Team or Both, matters not, the rule about roosting me or if you scare me at the scoring barrels will still be enforced, with a slight modification. :nener:

Mully
hare scramble scorer supreme. :think:

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
If theres both , then how about limiting riders to 1 of the 2 events. Perhaps some of the riders would be able to work the other event then.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Walt, are ya crazy?

Good point jason, our fun little rivalry is all about fun, last year Bundy and I didn't care if we came in 2nd to last (as long you guys were 1 place behind us lol). Not much different than the COTT race except everyone else doesn't have to stay off the track/course.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
By having both, like has been said, it gives the folks that like the woods, to enjoy a fun ride on their own. If time permits, let it happen. Drawing for teams is a good idea as well, makes for new friends! I'll miss teaming up with Motohead but it'll also give us a chance to ride with new people. It IS all about fun, some don't get it but that's the bottom line. Enjoy the riding, race when you get home, thanks.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
LazyBoy and I are both looking forward to this event whether it be team or individual. No one runs a HS series or even a race up here so we are really curious to try it out.

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
check out Elk, he got wise! LOL! just kidding. he's right though, it is all about just having fun. if we all pull it together, and help out, we could have both.

Top Bottom