dirty~d~'s getting back into ice hockey.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
A friend of mine invited me to play in a pickup game over the weekend with her team. The last time I was actually on the ice was close to three years ago... in full gear pushes it closer to 5 years. I was expecting to spend half of the time on my butt... to my surprise I skated pretty well. After the game my friend and the coach requested that I join the team up in Canada for a tournament. The coach fed my ego and told me he needs my leadership and experience for his defense. :rotfl: I practiced with them last night and from what I've seen they do alright. They need to work on their communication, but overall they have fun and that's the #1 thing.

It felt so incredible being out there again. I can't believe I waited this long.

If I survive the Canadians I'll post a tournament report.

WildBill

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 29, 2002
Go get 'em! It's a great sport isn't it? Been playing since I was 6yo and have never stopped enjoying it. Please let us know how the tournament goes, we need some good ole hockey news since Bettman and the rest are trying to kill the game. Good Luck!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Once it's in your blood you can take a break but it will never leave you. As I get older and fatter I keep saying that's it I'm done time to retire the blades, all it takes is for the guys to get me to come out and spare for them one game when they're short a guy and I'm right back into it!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
The Canadians that I know not only play dirt hockey, but they have a big blender too.

Have fun d!!!!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Excellent :yeehaw: :aj: :yeehaw:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Awesome stuff, D!!! So when in the tourney? I have a few friends trying to talk me into playing, but I think I'm too much of a wuss ;)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Rock on sistah! Good luck in Canada!

Kiwi's right....now that you're a hockey player you have to come play sand hockey with us down in Reno!!!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
~d~ on ice? Isn't that one of those shows with like Barney & Elmo and the guys that wear light loafers off the ice? Are they going to have you wearing one of them sparkley costumes?

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
LOL! Thanks for the cheers guys and gals! I'm super excited about this weekend. Three games in two days... I hope I survive. :ohmy:

Nik - You? A wuss? The same girl who took herself out on a jump and then kept riding? Riiiiiiight. DO IT! It is a BLAST! Learning to skate will take you 2 weeks... after that it's all about having fun.

Kiwi - Not to worry... I'll be on your team. ;)

Squeaks - I've been a hockey player... I just haven't been on the ice in a while. (I was a slacker. :| )

Pat - I was told that since I'm the guest star of the show that the clothing was optional. :)

Al - :yeehaw:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
dirty~d~ said:
Pat - I was told that since I'm the guest star of the show that the clothing was optional.
:think: Sounds like my kind of hockey! I need some directions!

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
Almost 47 and still playing the beer league. We usually do the Labatts tourney once a year when it rolls through. I wish Hockey night in Canada would run "classics" on Saturday night while the strike is on. I"hm not talking ESPN classics. The old stuff. 60's, 70's. It 's fun to see the old sweaters. The different style of the game. The bench clearing brawls. Guys with no teeth. Sticks that say Sherwood. Skates that don"t say "TUK" on the side. Oh well, I have season tickets to all the U of M home games. Gotta get my fix somehow. Have fun and don't get hurt.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
M= Manitoba, Montreal, Minnesota, Montana, Michigan??? Watching the classics while enjoyable makes me wonder how bad I look on the ice after seeing how different the game was 20 years ago for the pro's.

bradf

Jan 26, 2004
I too returned to hockey after 25 years. I coached hockey but never put the pads on and played an organized game since I was 17. My first "no-check" game resulted in my getting a 5 minute major for checking from behind and fighting. The fighting was the result of the check from behind. I felt bad for the hit but he did turn his back before the hit. After the 'scuffle' I didn't have the strength to skate off the ice, I was totally exhausted. The ref was telling me to get my butt in the box but I couldn't skate, I couldn't move my legs! I hurt everywhere for days. My next couple of games were better but I sure saw how out of shape I was in.

Top Bottom