RedRider250

Jan 5, 2003
i got a CR250 that i just got new rear brake pads. while i was changing them the pad was stuck to the cylinder so i had to take the cylinder out too. i put the cylinder back in and now it dont work. i did spill some brake fluid. i filled the fluid cup up but the brakes still dont work. i figured there was air in the line so i kept pumping the footbrake but still dont move. what could the problem be? how much fluid should be under the cylinder? whats the easiest way to get the cylinder working again?

Thanks,
Tommy

zookieman

Jul 7, 2003
You are going to have to start from scratch. Remove the caliper and the brake line going to it. Remove the pads. Remove the piston. Inside the cylinder of the caliper there is a rubber seal. Remove the seal and clean behind it, make sure there is no debris in that grove (you may need to replace the seal.) Put the seal back in the grove and grease the seal with vasoline. Grease the piston and put it back in the cylinder. Reassemble the braking system. Bleed the system thoroughly being sure to keep the master cylinder full of fluid at all times while bleeding. If this does not work you need a new master cylinder or you need someone to show you how to properly bleed the system. Air in the lines means no brakes!

Top Bottom