Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
I'm wanting front and rear disc protectors for my '01 200. So is JCV no longer to be had? How good is the Devol rear protector? How about Scotts? I'm wanting full protection Now the front. Does anyone know where to get a discontinued Acerbis? If not, how is the UFO or Maier? TIA
Ronnie

SRigas

Apr 23, 2001
Disk Protector

I have the UFO front disk protector. I obtained it from Fredette. It does a good job and was inexpensive. :cool:

dtsviper

~SPONSOR~
May 31, 2000
disc protector

Hey! I have a Scott's Shark Fin on the back. Yes, they are expensive, but so are replacement parts when you bend them... The fin protects very well and is a solid unit as the caliper installs on the shark fin! Nice clean installation.

For the front, I have had a Maier unit which was good. I replaced it with an Acerbis and like that one better. The front seems a little less prone to being slammed into rocks and roots as these are normally lofted over. Not always, but a better chance of missing them.

I have not had any problems with my rotors and have had the bike in races since 1998.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
Thanks for the replies. I decided to go with the Devol on rear. Scotts is just too damn expensive. I did talk with Acerbis and they say they will resume production of their front disc protector in about 3 months. Since the front isn't that important I will wait the three months for the Ultra trick Acerbis piece.

Perk

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
I've got the Devols on my front and rear and they have stood up to a lot of abuse in some very rocky areas. Definitely a good choice.

Top Bottom