discounted online KDX parts??

Ensign

Oct 13, 1999
Any place to get discounted KDX parts online? Are Fredette's prices pretty decent. I need a new gas cap.

Thank you.
---
Brandon

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
I think if you go to the links section of just kdx you may find one there? or maybe someone else can say that guy's name, but I can't, sorry.

Ensign

Oct 13, 1999
"Dude", ;)

Yeah, I checked that link out. I emailed them the part #'s and I haven't heard back yet. I'll see what happens though. Thanks again.

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
discount Kawasaki parts

anyone looking for discount Kawasaki part....i have the place for you!! go to WWW.Honda-Kawasaki.com....this is the web site for Treasure Coast Honda-Kawasaki in Ft Pierce, FL. if you know the part number you are looking for, they will quote you a price that is substantially lower than any dealer i've found yet. I needed a new rear hub for my KX 500......my local kawasaki dealer quoted me $355 for it. these guys at Treasure Coast got me the same part for $240!!! I've gotten quotes for several other parts from them too...and they are far and away cheaper. only catch is YOU have to suppy the part numbers for them and it's for ONLINE orders only.

thing is...all you have to do is go to Kawasaki's web site....then click on Buy Kawasaki....then view parts.....and look up YOUR bike and find out your own part numbers and supply them. YOU do all the work in finding your parts and THEY get it for you much cheaper!! i know i'm gonna use them for all MY parts purchases from now on. no way i'm gonna support my local dealer when they are charging 50 to 300% markups on there parts!!!

Happy parts hunting!!!

KDXDan

Oct 17, 2000
Gas cap?

Dude. Even if you find one that is cheap you still have to pay shipping and wait until it comes in the mail. Run to your local Kaw dealer and pay the $15 or $16 bucks. You probably won't save more than 2 bucks mail order and if you buy it from your dealer you can be riding in the time it takes to screw the dang thing on.:scream:

Ensign

Oct 13, 1999
Unfortunately, my local dealer NEVER has the parts in stock. They always have to order them anyhow. I figured why not pay less and just order it from home and have it delivered rather than making two trips to the dealer.

Thanks, dude! ;)

KDXDan

Oct 17, 2000
Dude,
CYCLE WORLD KAWASAKI, 5808 RITCHIE HWY, BALTIMORE, MD 21225 has four in stock and their $16.00. Number is 410-636-0676 and the part number is 51049-1108.;)

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
Beware the rubber gasket is not included with the cap.
Without the gasket the cap cracks on the first tighten with very modest torque, (my used bike had no gasket and a cracked cap, didn't know what was amiss).
To avoid buying two like I did, see if the gasket is there. (dealer said tough cookies)

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
My dealer is as bad as yours. Every time I go in to order something for my Kawi the parts guys look at me like why do they have to do this,grudgingly look it up, then tell me they can order it for me. Like you say, why drive to the dealer twice and wait 7 business days when you can find them in stock elsewhere and have them UPS'd to your door? And why reward such bad service by giving such a dealer your business?

Worse, I've found a wide discrapancy in parts prices among dealers, with mine always being the highest (one part's LIST PRICE was $22 and they were charging $36!). I think they are "encouraging" me to buy a Honda (my buddy's XR parts are always in stock and competitively priced). BTW, I did report them to Kawasaki Consumer Services (949-460-5688).

I always check first with www.bikebandit.com, which is a great link someone gave me when I asked this question. If nothing else you have a reasonable and consistent baseline price before calling a dealer if you're in a hurry and think you may get lucky. I've had great availability, price, and service with Midwest Action Cycles in WI, 800-343-9065. I'll have to check out WWW.Honda-Kawasaki.com and see how it compares. :cool:

KDXDan

Oct 17, 2000
No wonder my new cap leaked.

G. Gearloose
I wish I would have know that. I noticed I had to torque my new cap down to prevent the gas from leaking. I hope I didn't crack it and I hope I didn't toss the old one:eek:

Ensign

Oct 13, 1999
KDXDan,
Wow, thanks for the research. Did you have to call them to find that out? I actually usually go to the other Cycle World on Pulaski Highway for oil and sparkplugs (closer than the one on Ritchie Highway, plus you have to pay a toll for the Harbor Tunnel to get to the one on Ritchie Highway from where I live). I have tried getting other parts from them though and they always had to order them.

Others,
I was ordering some other stuff from Fredette the other day (pipe guard, one piece triple clamp top, etc.) and he had them for $13, so I went ahead and ordered one. Hope it comes with the gasket. I'll have to check the cracked one on the bike I bought to see if the gasket is on that one.

Thanks to all of you for the help.

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Same danged thing happened to me when I bought my bike. Replaced the cap but didn't know to look for or order a gasket. Of course it's right there on www.buykawasaki.com, but at the time I didn't know about that awesome resource either. Thanks!

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
Thats too bad, Doug, they sound worthy of the action you took.

Actually my local dealer has turned things around since then, that incident was a few years ago, prices are much more fair, less attitude, nice service. Had I insisted on speaking to the owner directly he likely would have done something on the cap but that was then, it was busy and I wanted to ride. Seems like nowadays some places (some dealers, HMO's) you have to go in swinging like a sailor or yelling like Yosemite Sam just to get decent service; good luck!

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Yeah, in this case I later learned from a friend the owner got really mad at Kawi, as in ready to fight! So my sense that they were trying to steer me to another brand of bike was probably right on. The sad part is I don't know if it was the dealer or Kawi's fault - it just sounds like a lose/lose deal and I really don't want to get in the middle of it! So I've found alternate routes to OEM parts that get my parts faster and for less.

Last edited:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
just a tip for you guys, if your gas cap doesn't come with the rubber gasket you can make one easily from an old inner tube. You might have to trim it a bit to get it to seat but it's worth the effort over buying a new one. We did this trick for my friend's KTM, lost the gasket and couldn't buy a new one so we just improvised. Good Luck

motox

May 21, 2001
Ditto to you guys. My local dealer is extremely high. One thing I have found is that if I ask for a discount they always give it to me. 10 to 20 percent. The thing is that barely covers tax. I avoid buying anything there unless I have too. IF YOU WANT GENUINE KAWI PARTS "AT WHOLESALE PRICES" just call Kawasaki Wholesale at 1-877-797-2453. Sure you have to wait a few days for parts but I believe you'll thank me when you realize how much money it saves you. I have always had part # for them (thanks to the buykawasaki.com site) but they will look it up for you.

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Wow, thanks indeed motox. I did a price quote on some things I had bought awhile back as a test and they beat everyone. My dealer was the worst and these guys were the best, with Midwest Action Cycles a pretty close second. It took them a bit to get back to me via email, so if you're in a hurry it's hard to beat picking up the phone and calling Midwest Action Cycles.

BTW, the gas cap gasket was still in my old cap so I put it on my bike. Thanks for that heads-up!

Top Bottom