GUNNERYAM

Jan 24, 2002
I was just wondering what sort of operation all the factory guys get as there are 5 different types.Isee chad reed and his australian buddy michael byrne just had this operation and both of themare in recovery times of 5-7 weekss
Just wondering what is the best surgery for active motocrossers.
Apart from money how do the factory guys get the operations so quick???Any info would be helpful as most pro racers have had this injury?!!!!!!!!!

Redrodent

Jul 31, 2002
Don't count on it. I'm 3 weeks post surgery (capsular shirt?) and can hardly use my arm. I'm sure I could ride at 5-7 weeks but...Those guys are taking a huge risk.Try more like 4-6 months in the off season. Trust me. This is not something you want to screw up and have done twice!

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
Listen to DR.'s advice but in the end you be the judge. I have had what they call a modified Bristow procedure and was fortunate enough to get a surgeon that the '49r's use. While my recovery was fast it was painful, I pushed it but still it was 4-6 months before things were getting fairly comfortable, still can't throw a ball, almost 17 years after, but can do pull ups easy enough, have to remember if I hi-side to the right side to tuck and roll if I can/have a choice. Good luck!

Top Bottom