New Boston
Geneseo
White city
Canton
Oakford
Cuba
Viola
Mt. Vernon
Can you give me a line or two on these courses?
Do any of them have a website?

I have raced at FVORs H.S.
90% of the the pit area has no shade,(Bring your own or get there early)
He fakes you out when he drops his hat,(The start)
Lots of elevation changes and you
will run through the SX style track there
Which is a great place to Bust out of the 1st lap Freight train.
your not out in the open much lots of snaking through woods.
there isnt any serious water there either.

Diclaimer*(Wardy I love the place this isnt a Rip) :thumb:

Morrison ,
I have done "Gussies Run" (sp)? 15 some years ago
I think its the same place?...Brutal!

Thanks in Advance Everyone
"Cabin Fever Tony"

Last edited:

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
Check: wfopromotions.com for info on a few of these races.
I've ridden the Geneseo and Glasford races in the past and they are a lot of fun and challenging.More technical than FVOR.
I ran the FVOR series last year and had a great time, they run a class act, most everyone could learn something from Wardy!

Munch

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Wardys track is SX? lmao

Morrisons D17 race is not Gusse's its the Brushpoppers. Different area and typically a better run IMO.

Glasford and Cuba are Link's, he can run you on beat up trails or new cut stuff and he runs them no matter what the weather. Can be very hilly and creeks can be deep if there is alot of rain.

Canton is similar terrain.

Casey is fast and open, run on the same trails for the last 15 years or so.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
I dont think has has a website.

His business is Link's Cycles but I dont know his number.

Sorry

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
All the races that are around southern Peoria (which is alot of dist 17) are way more technical, hilly, muddy, rocky, overgrown, pit area is a cow pasture, nothing around for miles, your not gonna find anything on the internet, hard to find for the first time, best ones around :aj: . These for the most part will make FVOR feel very easy. FVOR is fun dont get me wrong, Wardy does a impressive job for what he has there, and I try to do a couple of his each year. But if you are looking for some really good riding, try any of them down that way.

The best one handsdown (IMO) is the Trumbo farm race hosted by Variety Riders (9-26-04). Trails only used 1 time a year. Great club. Unreal terrain for Illinois. Ottawa area which aint far from you is it. This is the one you dont want to miss. :thumb:

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
Is the Trumbo Farm in Morrison? If so, I rode it last year and it was unreal, About the best HS i rode last year, I also ran one of the Glasford races, your right on the technical stuff, it was a blast and makes alot of the others feel easy.

Munch

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
Thanks for staightening me out Bob, I remember the name now. I missed that one but heard that it was good. I believe it was the Variety riders that ran a spring race in Morrison last year,its another that shouldn't be missed!

Munch

Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
No problem, Munch. The Variety Riders race at Trumbo's Farm in Ottawa is definitely a good one, as jsned mentioned. It always runs in September.

As for the race in Morrison, that's a different club altogether...I believe it's put on by the Brushpoppers. I've never raced that one, but have heard good things about it.

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
That's right, it was the Brushpoppers, They do put together a good ride, nice long loop and good variety of terrain.

Top Bottom