wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
LOL we are passing on this one. high speed mud and high rivers.....na. ask smidge if he likes the place?

Of course going to a bonus points event in MX this weekend isn't something I am looking forward to much either (location wise). Maybe I will continue to play bulldozer at FVOR and get that track finished.......dam rain.

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Wardy, how's megacross looking? Any changes this year, although it doesn't matter since I liked it last year. I do wish you had some open practice days though, that would be my only suggestion, but realize that may easier said than done.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I doubt Taylorville will be too muddy... they had MX races both days last weekend. We were at Casey on Sunday, and it was dusty by the second motos. Plus I don't think that area has had too much rain since last week? We're going to Crossroads MX this weekend (Mason, IL), hopefully the conditions will be good. I'm looking forward to checking out their track changes. :cool:

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
Nadine and Ray did a bunch of work on Mason, and I bet it will be really good. Nikki do me a story on that will ya? need some stuff for the site.

I am doing a complete overhaul to the lower track right now at FVOR, bigger jumps, less tight stuff, and just a complete redo. It hopefully will be all done next week. Not that it will totally please the pro practice mx guys much more, but it will be alot better flowing and the race team will have a better practice track. We are doing new rules for it also, to limit the little riders who seem to sneak out there. Eventually we will put in the hills, and make it "raceable" so Nikki will be happy to see another "closer" track LOL!

Megacross, will see some changes, (nothing drastic, but some new things) but for a practice that will likely never happen, only because i tried it many times to have only 25 riders show up. Megacross works well being exclusive.

ALL this is being screwed up right now the rain is killin my dirt time.

But i will get it done.

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Sounds good Wardy, we'll have to check it out. Don't let the Pro practice guys get you down too much. Pistole does pretty good with those guys on his open rides. He get's too busy on practice days, keep that in the back of your mind, they're are probably more that don't race than do, so there is money to be made there.

Let us know when you get it done, I'll come check it out. Looking forward to the Megacross opener this year, my son decided on doing your series this year due to his job.

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
cool, we are updating alot of stuff at FVOR this year. Last year we spent a wad on transponder scoring for the HS and it was a great hit. now we are doing track and trail things. concession type area in the office, bike wash, small pavillions, stuff like that. We want the track at FVOR to be.....get this.... little easier. Meaning a few "bigger" jumps, but less hard corners and mellow the whoops. Not to mention longer and one piece of equipment for the tractor to prep faster and more often. Bob has a great track and if you like sand type soil it's cool.......I am a clay hard pack guy!
Give me a rut berm any day before a loose sandy berm. If he is racing Megacross, get a profile in asap program is being done now!

Oh and it's funny to see guys bust fvor's butt on comparison to like the other close place, they mostly don't realize i built that track 10 years ago and went from there to bob's, then did fvor.......it's all good!!

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
I despise that other close place, no big secret there. I get a lot of flack for that sometimes, but that doesn't change my thoughts on it. I went to Mt Carroll a few weeks ago and won't be back. Not my kind of place.

One of the reasons I like Walnut and Mega is they are safe, yet still have the obstacles that will challenge the fast guys. I have to go to work on Monday, don't need any do or die jumps in my life. Not sure which type of soil I prefer, I guess I care more about the safety aspect than the soil. I know for me that is what will draw me to a track before anything else. I actually like Joliet's outdoor track for the same reason, it's safe. Not a fan of the SX track, but do like the outdoor track there.

I've liked the design of all the tracks you've done. You know how to make it fun for all abilities. Keep up the good work, us old guys need guys like you watching out for us.

I'll tell my son to get that profile in.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
wardy said:
Eventually we will put in the hills, and make it "raceable" so Nikki will be happy to see another "closer" track LOL!
You betcha!!! :yeehaw:

Well Crossroads and MC are both rained out for tomorrow.... wonder if either one will be able to run on Sunday.... Ger, I got Casey stuff from last weekend I can send ya. I'll email ya later.... or catch ya on IM.

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
Hey I tell ya Joliet MX is a heck of a fun track. I race it from time to time and it's always a blast! In fact if I can find dirt this summer, I want one of those "stepup" deallys he has in the middle out of that corner! But that track is a blast.
Megacross will get some new things, but at this point, just getting it built will be interesting! Hell it is so friggin wet, I have had a payloader all week at FVOR and only got 6 hours in!
Whats really cool, is I may have found dirt close to the park......that will be excellent.
Anyway this year is starting out wet and everyone is having a hard time getting things ready..... going to be an interestiing year.

I did LTM last year alot, main reason my son rides HS, and I can MX on the same day! Mason was excellent, and Nadine of course is a friend of ours so it's cool, just so darn hard to get there for us.

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Hogie, Mega opens on the 14th. Chris and I are racing that night. With Chris's work schedule, he signed up for SX points this year so he could run the entire series at Mendota. His Saturday and Sunday's are hit and miss depending upon work, so he decided to go with Mendota. Plus he likes the track.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Just an update for the locals... the weekend isn't a total rain out.... Red Bud practice today is ON! From www.redbudmx.com"

"IT'S ON!!!
Just a sprinkle overnight - the pavement's barely wet and the skies are clear!"

Maybe we'll see some of ya there. Look for four CRF's... #102, #27, #138, #701, probably in a red F350 crew cab and toy hauler.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Hey Ron - nice seeing you, Chris, and Hogie at Red Bud yesterday. Hope you guys all had fun since it was your first time there. The track was great, but man... that wind was crazy!! I though I was gonna crash a few times doubling Larocco's Leap when the wind caught me. The ski jump was wicked too! I took a couple of pics of you and Chris, I'll try to send them to you sometime this week. Couldn't get Hogie since we were out there together. So is Chris enjoying the 250, or is he missing the 250F?

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
nikki said:
Hey Ron - nice seeing you, Chris, and Hogie at Red Bud yesterday. Hope you guys all had fun since it was your first time there. The track was great, but man... that wind was crazy!! I though I was gonna crash a few times doubling Larocco's Leap when the wind caught me. The ski jump was wicked too! I took a couple of pics of you and Chris, I'll try to send them to you sometime this week. Couldn't get Hogie since we were out there together. So is Chris enjoying the 250, or is he missing the 250F?
We had a blast, first time out Chris was going slow getting the feel of the bike since it was his first time on it. After that he was fine. He's not missing the 250F at all, he loves the 2 stroke. My first lap on Larocco's leap the wind caught me and I didn't even try the double, didn't try to double it after that due to the wind. I was doing the uphill double after the ski jump when traffic was clear, the wind wasn't bad down there. The ski jump was also a little sketchy, you had no idea which way the wind would steer you. All in all we had a blast. It was Hogie's first time also and he liked it too, we will definately be back. Vet Fest is going to be fun over there.

Thanks for the pics, I thought that was you I saw a couple times. Just send them to my email, rondaugh@yahoo.com. I'm one of the long list booted over at TT, like I care. Fat Eddie Sisneros has ruined the forum over there anyway.

I went out and watched you and Hogie a few times, you looked comfortable. I saw you passing a lot of the guys out there.

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
hell i just started over there a little, so i guess i won't last long on TT either. not to worry......around here we may fade and then come back, but we never totally dissappear. I like that very little crap gets by RR :P

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Don't worry about it Wardy, they had it out for a few of us and booted us a few months back. Probably close to 10 of us, it was all Eddie Sisneros doing. A few of the guys you know from here so you know what kind of guys they are, had nothing to do with them, just TT trying to pull the same ole stuff they always do.

And TT wonders why it's the joke of the MX community. The tech stuff over there is all that site is any good for, the rest of it is useless.

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
I have been playing on motodrive for the hard core moto stuff. seems like some people in the power part of things read that stuff alot. Heck i got a copied post that said to knock the s/// off for "headquarters"/. FUnny thing was, it wasn't me, except for TT i use "wardy".
You know it's bad when you get accused of "stuff" and your completely innocent.

ha kind afunny in a way

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Don't think I have ever been on motodrive, will have to check it out. Funny thing with TT is they have mods in the regional forums that have no idea who the people are in the forum. The mod for midwest is now this Eddie Sisneros guy that thinks he's hot stuff because of the DRZ crowd over there. The guy is a complete tool. One of the first Midwest people to get the boot over there was Brian White, one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. His crime, posting a thread about a rain out to one of his schools one weekend. They deemed that commercial advertising and banned him immediately. Of course this tool Sisneros has no idea who Brian is since he isn't from around here, so he jumped to conclusions. I got the boot for defending Brian and the others that got the boot over there and calling Sisneros out for being the worthless human being he is for doing it.

It is funny, they think they are the center of the motocycle world over there. Too bad the reality is the complete opposite.

You doing your non rain dance yet, get busy!!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom