Dist17 Varietyriders H.S. 8/19 @ Buffalo

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
I'm in!

Any word on when they'll update the D 17 points page???

It's been over a month, contacted Jay Hall , but no response...

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
LOL well i resemble that remark huh! glad she will let you play this weekend on your home turf. Maybe you can give don a run.

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
jsned said:
Ill be there. last year was a good course. I hope they use a little of the tracks.

I'm with you there, the tracks are pretty safe , even for us woodsriders :rotfl: :rotfl:

I like having a little moto added in to mix it up some.. :cool:

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
lots of rain today, that place can slick up fast. I talked to my kid on the phone explaining line choices and what "not" to do if Buffalo gets greasy.

have a great ride guys, if ALL the motos rain out I will break out the GG and join ya! Need to practice more that 50+ class next year!!

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
How much rain did they get Saturday? Anyone close to there know?

Radar this morning looks like the worst is to the north.

djj

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 18, 2003
CANCELED, a line of thunder storms moved through the Ottawa area starting at 10:30. Weather service issued flash flood warnings for the Ottawa area. I wasn't there but had three calls from guys that were there.
Anybody go?

Dist1740b

~SPONSOR~
Jun 17, 2000
Rain drops are falling on the points leaders heads...
Everyone else is home getting out of bed.....

On the bright side , now i'm already loaded up for FVOR 4 :laugh:

Last edited:

MT92

Apr 8, 2007
I just got back they had a lot of rain. I still would of liked to race it but they called it. I bet the creeks would have been bad!

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
:cool: Good decision to call the race, they would have had to take out so many hills it would have ended up being a flat track.
Plus the lightening was bad..

:yell: Poor decision, no refund on gate fee, i paid $16 to stand in the rain for 30 minutes to be told the race was cancelled :| :| :yell:

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
My van was sitting in 4 inches of water in that grass field. I thought for sure we were going to have to be towed out of there. It made it out though. The Ambulance had to get towed. I would have left earlier but I had set up my easy up tent and waited for it to let up to take it down.

On the gate fee. I paid $24 to get in there. I thought that was alittle steep. I understand they are kinda RENTING that place for the day since it is not club grounds, I DONT KNOW HOW THAT WORKS which is probably why they arent refunding. BUT BR would have not made any money that day anyway. Someone in the club may be able to explain it. I wish they would have waited on the gate fee, to see if it would have been cancelled. If we raced then they could have charged on the way OUT. I dont know how they will know who paid a gate fee now but I hope we can get some back.

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
I talked to the club today, they are working on all this and other things that will need to be addressed for their make up date. It's really rare to see a HS race rained out, but with that clay I sure can understand it. Patty was there and she was told that Travis's onion skin would be like he reciept? SInce he was signed up but didn't race. Anyway, an e mail was sent to all d-17 board members today so riders are talking and Variety Riders are a good group of guys it will work out.

Top Bottom