the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I saw a post over on the District 37 message board talking about this year's likely desert class winners and the bikes they rode to glory ... I was surprised and pleased to see that no less than 3 different desert class winners were on GG's this year ! :cool:
Who says it's only a woods bike ?

Here's the likely rundown as culled from D-37:

L1 - Richard Chandler yamaha
W1 - Anna Segale yamaha
T1 - Charlie Lamson Gas Gas
1c - Max Eddy Honda, usually
1x - Luke Dodson Suzuki
1 - Joey Blanton Honda
F1 - Paul Krause KTM
V1x - Sean Bradley Gas Gas
V1 - Dal Trubey Kawasaki
O1x - Keven Hasten yamaha
O1 - Mike Korenwinder KTM / Yamaha
M1x - Kieth Jones Gas Gas
M1 - Buddy Bosh KTM
R1 - Al Guzman Kawasaki

Apparently, 9 out of the 14 class winners were either in the Rovers club or the Checkers club.

In other local racing news, our own Tony Santero is sitting on top of TWMC's Novice class with only one race left for the year, and Thumbsy is also currently 5th overall 200 in the District enduro class, and is the top 200 B rider, with only this weekend's race left. More importantly, Tony has logged 3 District transfer rides in 2004 - better slow down man or you're gonna be an A enduro rider before you know it !!!!!! :aj:

Tim Morenc sits in 4th among TWMC's Novices.

Way to go fellow Knuckleheads .... you make us proud. Also, I'm betting now that next year's racing will be ruled by sleepers Scott Lackey and Jack Maloney - Go Knuckleheads Go !

:worship:

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Eel, What are the transfer rides. I got a 1 by my name and I also got points for the Prospectors, but I didn't ride it. That was after I messed my knee up riding with you all and I never could make the race let alone any others. Wonder why I would have gotten points. Plus it put me at 2nd slot with only the UEA for the year. Not that it matters to me at this point, but I wonder if it's messing things up for one of the other riders in my class. I was 4-stroke "D" last year, will be senior "C" this year lwt ( I assume up to 250cc).

Just thought you'd know.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Yup ... Dingoe - I believe transfer rides occur when you finish in the top 20% of your specific class / division for a given race. If you didn't ride Prospector's and got points, you should let someone know so they can correct it. Also, if your class is small or no one in your class showed up to race, you could certainly appear as the #2 rider in your class/division. Was 4-stroke "D" a small class ?

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
It was small, only 11 riders. I sent a post to D37 and should hear back soon I guess. Thanks for the reply and have a safe race out there this weekend.

I was out at Anderson with Dante and some other riders yesterday and took my motor out. It didn't act like a typical seiz, it sounded like a lot of grinding and cracking in the bottom-end too. I'll know more today when I tear it down. I wonder if I shattered the skit and drop it into the bottom-end. Anyway, the 250 was fun and lively while it lasted. Maybe I'll get more that two rides on it in the future.

ed

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
the Eel said:
were either in the Rovers club or the Checkers club.

In other local racing news, our own Tony Santero is sitting on top of TWMC's Novice class with only one race left for the year, and Thumbsy is also currently 5th overall 200 in the District enduro class, and is the top 200 B rider, with only this weekend's race left. More importantly, Tony has logged 3 District transfer rides in 2004 - better slow down man or you're gonna be an A enduro rider before you know it !!!!!! :aj:

Tim Morenc sits in 4th among TWMC's Novices.

QUOTE]

:yeehaw: :yeehaw: Way to go guy's. That is fantastic. :worship: :worship:

Ol'89r

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
3 KTM's also :) Europes taking over.

Eel forgot to mention that he is 3rd in the B open Class.

Good job Thumbs and Eel.

I emailed the steward for the D37 series as My points aren't listed for the VCMC race nor the TWMC event. Without those points I'm sitting in 8th out of 32. Once there in along with this weekends race hopefully I'll get in the top 5 in D37. Next weekend I'll try to get back into 3rd in the clubpoints.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Where are the Husky's? I saw a couple of the new ones out at Lucerne. What a great looking bike.

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Sorry, but I'm afraid I'm terminally slow!!!

Guess I need a new Gasser to win. That's it. I need a new '05 Gas Gas EC300!!!

Top Bottom