Jun 27, 2000
I race the 4-stk class in dist.17 the want you to have a dist. card and
they dont even recognice dis. point unless you  ride 4-stk "A" and there is no way im fast enough for that.  I THIK DISTRICT CARDS ARE CRAP what good soes the district do for you anyway?  someone is getting rich off of it

DaddGoneMadd

Apr 23, 2000
District cards are a BARGAIN.  I belong to district 17, and the subscription to Cycle USA alone is worth the dues.  I too am too slow to worry about point standings, yet they still assigned me my very own number.  Kind of makes me feel like a real racer.  The few times that I've had a question, I promptly recieved a return phone call(long distance, mind you)to answer my question.  Wardy keeps me on his e-mail list so I am always up to date on whats happening.  I can assure you that no one is getting rich in this business.  These people deserve our gratitude, not grumbling.

------------------
"There ain't no free rides in this carnival world."      Jimmy Buffett

'87 KX250          '88 GSX-R1100
'85 KDX200         '81 Goldwing
'88 Action Attack  '88 250 Ninja
currently "between" Yamahas

Oct 21, 1999
I was about to agree about Cycle USA, but Okie cracked me up!!!!

I love Cycle USA, and as far as the classification system is concerned, I think (this is me and only me) that there are too many classes already. In enduros and H/S, the trophies alone can make an event lose money for a club, even if the weather is good, let alone bad...

There probably should be a bit more of a spread concerning the 4 strokes, but if you bought a 4 stroke and expect special treatment, maybe you should have bought a 2 stroke and rode with the rest of us???

I'm not ripping on 4 stroke riders. Everybody rides what they like. Freedom of choice...

One last thing.. Okie, please don't include a spell check to the forums...
It's nice to have a little clue about the person posting. I'm not saying that everyone should spell everything right to prove that they're not an idiot, but if they don't care enought to spell right, it just might say something about the person....

------------------
Would somebody tell me,
When did I get so old????

Dan Pagel
Forest City Riders
Rockton, IL.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
Tracy,

I am curious here, where do they make you ride 4 stroke A? since D-17 doens't have that class in either motocross or harescrambles. I think that maybe you are getting the fact that you are required to have a District card confused with a track's or club's own track class? I have somthing for you to think about, an older wise man once told me,that god made us all "A" riders, AMA and the District made us a lesser B or C rider.

give me more details if your complaint is to be herd and looked into legitamately.

wardy

------------------
"don't wake me.......I am working."

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
A side note to Wardys answer is that if you
are riding a 4 stroke:
It is legal in many many D 17 classes in both MX and HS or Enduro.
You do not HAVE to ride a 4 stroke in the 4 stroke class.
It is elgible in the regular B or C classs depending on its displacement? ( most likely 250C or 250B ,but there are other C and B legal classes for the a 4 stroke)

Also,
The AMA D17 is a NON profit Organization and is registered as such.
All income generated is spent in operating expenses and awards for the riders.
Single biggest yearly expence?
Rider Awards.( around $12,000 )

Spelling B awards are donated ( by internet service providers) and do not come out of the "D17 rider funds"

Trust me ..noone is getting "rich"
Last time I checked my position was volunteer and is certainly not paid.
If the "prez" isn't making any money ..I really doubt anyone else is.
wink.gif

AJ Waggoner
AMA D17 President

DaddGoneMadd

Apr 23, 2000
A.J.-

Where do I sign up for the spelling B?  Is that a trophy class, or a cash payout?  I think I could do better with that than my MX results.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
LOL DGM!
You would smoke me for sure . I can't type OR spell.

You'll have to ask Okie if its trophy or cash, but I'm thinking it is a years membership to DRN
wink.gif

Tree Crippler

Jun 8, 2000
I race in 4 different districts and wish I could buy one card to race them all.  It stinks when you race one race in a district and pay $10 dollars for district card, $10 to get in and watch yourself race, and $30 dollars to race, plus AMA.  Some districts have one day passes for $5.  4 stroke classes are one class in D6 for H/S and pay money so you race against everyone below AA.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Tree Crippler

D17 recognizes any other Districts card.
If you reside in D17 you have to have a D17 card,otherwise you can race here with any other card.. like D6.

Most Districts are like this and will recognize another Districts card or do not require them at all.

As far as the gate fee..and race fee..AMA or the Districts have nothing to do with this.
I agree it seems odd for a racer to pay a gate fee to watch his own race.

Tree Crippler

Jun 8, 2000
I race in D3,4,5,and 6 and only a few times have I been able to race without paying a district something. I like going to certain races instead of doing a series so I have to pay the price for helping all the districts.

jamsxr

Dec 4, 1999
The funds raised from district cards I am pretty sure " Stay in that District ".
Here is a great example of what these funds have been used for.
http://www.desertvipersmc.com/b2v.htm

------------------
Ken James
AMA Dist.25 Field Rep.
98 XR400 Honda
70 Triumph T100c Desert sled
98 Harley FXDWG
If you Don't --Who will ?

Top Bottom