District sign up on day of the 1st race?

bhawk

Jan 26, 2001
This will be my daughters first year raceing flattrack.I was wondering if we can sign up for Dist 17,and also for her AMA card at the first race of the year? Thanks HAWK

------------------
HAWK

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
hawk,

yes you can sign yup for both cards on race day but you save five bucs to do it before march 1st on the district side of it. Not to mention those long lines at sign up early in the year.

have a great season!

wardy

bhawk

Jan 26, 2001
wardy,thanks for the reply.I am hopeing to get her signed up at the first work day at the Pekin track.We are going to become members,so Katelyn will have a place to pratice. Thanks again HAWK

------------------
HAWK

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Not sure of the time line you are looking at with the first race.
To get her AMA card it will take four-six weeks to process.
If she does not have the card when she goes to sign up she will need to buy a new membership unless you have the yellow copy from a book.
This is is the busiest time of the year for memberships.
The promoter can not take anyone's word for it that their brand new membership card is at home sitting on the dresser--there is a tremendous liability issue here so they must act on caution and require a new card.
Avoid the long lines and delays and buy early.
smile.gif

Tip for everyone: If you do lose your card, bring your latest issue of American Motorcyclist, it has your AMA # and expiration date on it---proof of membership.
smile.gif

------------------

Ken & Diane James
AMA Field Reps #869
*AMA-Cycle.Org*
*PRO-Hillclimbers*

bhawk

Jan 26, 2001
KWJams,thanks for the info.Her first race will be April 8th,at our hometown track,Pekin,IL.That doesnt leave us enough time to send away for her card.We were hopeing to be able to sign up at the track.I think we are also to have her birth cert.At the same time, we are also going to have to sign up for her Dist.17 membership.If you know of any other info we will need to have with us,please let me know. Thanks

------------------
HAWK

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
hawk, yes it would be a good idea to take a copy of the birth certificate. since you will have to send it in anyway mite as well take it with you and save the time.

thanks

wardy

ps not yours but your child's.....

Top Bottom