• Don't care

Votes: 22 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jh85

May 17, 2001
I voted no, it dilutes the the number of quality of posts in each area and makes it much more difficult to find appropriate information. I'm a purist and quite frankly think just a 2-Stroke and 4-Stroke forum would be sufficient!

Well said! :D

I voted no.
Duh! :confused:

triplephatmx

Jun 5, 2001
Just my .02, but I rarely use the DRN Thumper Forum as there is too much junk about other brands, etc. that I am not concerned with. If I am looking for something particular about my bike, it would be nice to be able to look under say Honda and at least have less to sift through. There are other sites that have their forums divided like this and there seems to be MUCH, MUCH more content. I don't really think those sites are more popular, I think there are just others like me that shy away for this reason. Take the path of least resistance if you will. Again, this is just my .02 and judging by the poll you likely will not make the change. The rest of the DRN site simply ROCKS!! Keep up the great work!

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Ill toss in my .02 here.

I think it's a bad idea. It will just be a mini thumpertalk :confused: No but seriously, when you do this you miss out on some of the knowledge from other members. For example if somone is having a problem with a CR-F and a YZ-F guy knows what to do, he will never know because why would he read a CR-F forum?
I dunno, just a thought. It seems good as is. Heck than you gotta spilt the 2-smoke forum up :silly: LOL.

I wouldn't touch ANY forum as of now :D

B

biglou

I think the hardcore guys would read all forums anyway if this place were split up like TT. I know I would. That said, even though TT has seperate forums, their signal to noise ratio over there has been on a steady increase as of late. You have to really read the titles of the threads over there and look at the originator of the thread to sift through all the crap to get to usefull info a lot of the time. They are "less moderated" over there, so you still see the same posts every single week about "What is the BK Mod?" or "Oil Leaking out My Vent Hose!", etc., because people won't/can't/aren't made to do a search. So even if things were split up over here, I don't think there would be much trouble with looking in multiple forums, not for me, anyway. But I still contend that the level of traffic is manageable within one forum.

That makes $.04 from me on this! :)

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
Maybe a chassis and brakes forum...
Thats the only specialty item I see uncovered by a forum except by default.

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
Leave it like it is. Since I am in the market for another thumper, I like being able to scan posts about different brands in one spot.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
If that's the case, Okie might as well offer the TT boys a million dollar buyout :eek: :p ...... not !

Brianc

Nov 14, 2001
I would suggest a split between big bore and smaller bikes ( 150c.c. & under )
other than that leave it as is.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Brianc
I would suggest a split between big bore and smaller bikes ( 150c.c. & under )
other than that leave it as is.

It's been that way since the advent of the mini racing forum.

techman

Feb 18, 2000
No, don't split it up. Besides, then what would you do about the KLUDRUXUD 400's (KLDRXZ kawi suzuki merge)? My favourite dig these days ;-)

zeroo

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 31, 2000
Yea,you could split it between air cooled and rea...umm...liquid cooled. ;)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
No.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Originally posted by BunduBasher
If that's the case, Okie might as well offer the TT boys a million dollar buyout :eek: :p ...... not !

:)

Oh yeah, NOPE.

Shawn Mc

Apr 8, 2002
Let the song remain the same. If you want a brand/size oriented site for thumpers, you can surf around on Thumpertalk.com. Its a good site, but it doesnt have moderators like Mr. Rohrich or Mr. Gorr to bounce things off. I dont want to leave out Mr. Wilkey (he helped me sort my fork!)

I say leave it.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
No, as matter of fact, I was wondering why you don't disolve the KTM forum, The four stroke guys can go to Thumper and the 2 stroke guys can go to cr/kx/rm/yz

Just a thought

Tree Crippler

Jun 8, 2000
There are problems and hopups that could be universal to all thumpers. I don't look at just Yamaha threads. If I don't have a bike one of my friends do,so I know something about it.

OldManIn

Mar 12, 2001
Hainesy4 says:
anything that is less than 400cc into the play bikes and 400 and up into the competition bikes

Are you kidding ... the YZ/WR 250F or KTM250R are not competition bikes? Where have you been. Obviously not on a motocross track.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
This thread has served it's purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom