fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
I'm going to put my 220 back together this friday and i am wondering what jetting anybody is using with the RB carb mod. I'm running and RB carb and head mod, rev pipe, tc2, power reeds, weisco piston and fredette porting. temps are 60f avg. and 1500 ft avg elevation any input would be appreciated. Glad to see the board up and going again!

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Does this mod really work? I understand the principle behind it, but are the results woth bothering with it?

------------------
1992 KDX 250-FMF porting,two-stage power reeds, Fatty pipe, Power Core silencer,titanium rod,Wiseco Ultra-lite, Pro-Action suspension...Oh my Gawd, they killed Kenny!

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
based on my riding and testing today I would say "oh yeah" especially if you spend any time in greasy rooty and rocky conditions. It may have less benefit if you ride in open desert type conditions (4th gear up) but if you need to nurse the throttle to maintain traction it seems to have some benefits.My current jetting that gives best throttle response is 42 pilot 1.5 turns out AEG needle in the 4th clip and 155 main. I think the needle and main could be refined a bit.

------------------

motochick

Mar 10, 2001
Fishhead, I will have to agree with you. I just got my modified carb back and running this weekend (on the 200) and it is pretty unbelievable. The thing pulls so hard, that I swear I am on my 240. I am rebuilding the 240 from the ground up with many new mods, so I expect it will improve as much as the 200 did.

Here is what I am at right now with only 1 1/2 hours testing on it. 3500 ft. elevation: 155, 42, AEK, 2nd from top, 1 turn out. The needle clip can use a little more playing with, but other than that, I am set. I can't wait to ride some serious trails. Now if I can just get my forks dialed!

Spanky, the results are very worth it. I will getting my 240 back together with the stock carb, first, then I will get it modified. I will let you know how that goes. Should be in about 3 weeks or so.

Brenda

------------------
89, 92 KDX 200, 240
98 Montesa
94 ATK 250, 406

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Brenda
What kind of temps do you have down there now? I am running the same pilot and main but I'm rich on the main or the needle.
I put my 15 year old daughter on the bike with the new carb and she could pull away from a stop and putt around and the go up any of the small hills at the test area with no problem and she's never been on a bike before. The carb mod can really contribute to clean tractable power right off the bottom

------------------

acutemp

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 4, 1999
fishhead, I belive that your slide has been cut to a #7. I think that he marked it with a g which could easily look like a 6. I am running pretty much the same setup as you are on my 200. Most of my riding is between 500 to 1,000 ft. I usualy run a AEG #4-5 with a 150-155 main. I have also had good results in warmer temps with an AEK which you might want to try. I have tried quite a few different setups and these are what work best for me.
Brenda, Glad to hear that your 2 wheel WB catalog is back on the road. :)
Dan

------------------

motochick

Mar 10, 2001
When we tested on Sat. it was 60-65 degrees. I feel that I am a little rich on the needle also. I should be able to go out testing this week in the evenings. I will let you know of any changes. Also, I will be dropping down to 1500 ft. elevation this weekend so I will have to make some adjustments for that. We will see how it goes.

I just put this bike back together after I blew up the bottom end last year. I only had an FMF pipe, porting, and a semi-gutted stock silencer. It ran good but was kind of whimpy compared to the 240. (The 240 had the same mods.) I didn't really ride the 200 much because of its lack of punch. It was a "loaner" bike! When I put it together a few months ago, I did some motor upgrades that really made a difference. The Boysen RAD valve, Fredette Torque ring, PC Spark arrestor, and the carb mod. I can't believe how much power this little bike makes now. With the current mods, it feels like the 240.(not for long though, I am doing the same mods on the 240). The 200 is no longer a "loaner" bike!

Brenda

I am not really into wheelies, but my hubby, ATK Adam, says it will pull the front off the ground without the clutch in third gear! Does that sound about right?

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Brenda,
sounds about right to me. Its going to be a little harder on tires.

Dan,
I think I could be just a bit fat on the main but i'm going to wait for the weather to clear up before I jump into it again. I haven't been happy trying to get a usable plug reading when its 40 and raining with 80% humidity. But thats spring in the great northwest

------------------

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by spanky250:
Does this mod really work? I understand the principle behind it, but are the results woth bothering with it?

The divider mod is nothing short of amazing. ..but then, I also think a tcII s/a is an improvement..

(chuckle) ;)

On the jetting side of the mod, I'm running 42-152-AEN/4 on my stock head/cylinder '00 200. Slide is cut to 7mm. The bike continues to have a load-up problem if you idle it for a good bit..like a long downhill. Best throttle response is with the AS only about 1/2 out. Yeah..rule of thumb would say richen the pilot, but that 'rule' seems to not apply with the mod. I've put in richer pilots to no good end.

Raising the needle one clip gives the bike a lean bog that I just can't put up with.

I'm not going to mess with it until I get my PC S/A. Regardless of the 'you don't need to repack the stock S/A' fact..SOMEthing is up with it, cuz my riding buddy's bike had a major attitude change with JUST the replacement of his stock S/A (he got a tcII).

Oh..HIS bike still loads up too (mod and same jetset as mine). Still, rejetting prior to getting my PC S/A stuck on methinks is a waste of time.

The bike runs SO well everywhere else, I'll put up with a bit of loading up if that's what it takes.

Another BTW...I'm running a torque right now (kg35). With my rev (kg30) I ran an 1173L/4. IT couldn't have run better!! That's a MUCH longer needle! I tried the 1173 with the torque. Not an option.

------------------
  • OLD member
    'oh-oh' KDX 200
    '86 Nighthawk 700 SC
    (a motorcyle even if it doesn't have a chain!)

[This message has been edited by canyncarvr (edited 04-10-2001).]

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
canyncarvr,
Did you say you ran the 1173L with the carb mod and rev pipe?

------------------

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Triple Turtle,

There are a several message threads on this. Do a subject-only search on "designs" (as in RB Designs) or "divider".

------------------
96 KDX 200
(soon to be a 225, or else a bunch of expensive parts scattered all over the trail...)

Top Bottom