PoeBrian

Oct 10, 2002
For those of you riding at Tomahawk make sure you know your County laws for that area! The DNR were out in full force last Sat. patroling for guys riding where they were not supposed to without proper plates or tags. On 2 different occasions we were stopped and inspected for DNR tags and to see if we were plated to be on the road(which we were). We saw 3 different groups of guys totaling 15 riders getting checked out and I know a couple of them got tickets.

The problem is there are 2 different counties located around the B and C loops. In Charlevioux county it is legal to ride on right shoulder of road without a plate and in Emmet Co. it is not.

Make sure you have a map and know where you are at!
Safest if you can get plated!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
It really does not bother me to see the DNR doing their job. We had two conversations with the CO during the Spring Pine Cone. They were pleasant conversations and he seemed interested to know more about our event. No tickets.

I would rather have a couple of conversations with the DNR rather than have ORV users who have no regard for the law or safety giving the rest of the off road community a black eye.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Saturday at the tree planting, I personally called in violators.
@ up, no helmets , kid up front also no helmet and riding in the area we were there to replant due to illegal orv damage!
Felt that it was the right thing to do!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I saw a CO go by on a 2 track when I was there Saturday as I was about to cross ti, I waited for him to go by and kept going. I'm plated and legal so no worries. :cool:
FT

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Fred T said:
I'm plated and legal so no worries. :cool:
FT

I would have pulled you over anyway, ya hooligan!

;)

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Rode 92.5 mi up there Saturday and never seen da CO. I guess planting trees on Arbor day created some good karma for myself & crew....

The nicest guy you'll ever meet on the trail,
DW

Last edited:

PoeBrian

Oct 10, 2002
If you are riding out of the Southern ORv parking area and you are not plated, its best if you just stay on orv marked trail. You can ride all of C loop and some of B loop. You need a plated bike to ride part of B loop to the west as it requires you to ride on asphalt to get to the western part of B.

Not sure if you can get to A loop legally from the southern parking lot but there is a parking area north that you can ride to A loop.

With a map in hand might not hurt to call the local DNR to make sure which roads you can legally ride and in which county.

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
I'm with Jackdrinker...we plan on camping at Weber Lake...not sure what parking lot that is near yet.

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
Could you guys possibly give me some insight here...we're planning on doing the C loop on Saturday...I'm not really sure how far I can get on this bike, nor am I familiar with the Tomahawk trails. I have a 125sx with a 1.9 gallon tank, and I have a 1.5 liter platypus bladder I used to carry gas in when I had my KX100...do you guys think I should be OK on gas with the one platypus or should I carry more?

Thanks in advance!

xcracer1123

May 30, 2007
Wolverine423 said:
Rode 92.5 mi up there Saturday and never seen da CO. I guess planting trees on Arbor day created some good karma for myself & crew....

The nicest guy you'll ever meet on the trail,
DW

Had to slip that half of a mile in there didnt u !! but yea good thing we did double back n get somemore miles on..and yea thanks to DW n Freddy n everyone else for showin me a great time !!!

Top Bottom