ggundamblue

Nov 23, 2007
Do i mix gas and oil with my 1977 IT 400D? im not sure. the guy i bought it from said no but i don't see anything to check the oil or anything like that at all. thanks.

elcamino12sec

Jan 16, 2006
Probably bad unless its oil injected. Look under the seat or one of the side pannels for a oil tank. If it was ridden with no oil I would assume it would seize after 10 minutes of riding.

ggundamblue

Nov 23, 2007
i don't see anything...i see something at the bottom were the kick starter and iits like a dip stick but is that for the transmission oil ? and also how do u know if its seized? i can kick the kick starter and i get spark it just wont start one throttle cable broke and 2 it flooded so ehh idk what im doing wrong should i try mixing the oil and gas?

ggundamblue

Nov 23, 2007
u think i will have to replace the top half of my engine now because of this? cause it doesn't feel like its getting a lot of compression when i kick start it. it felt weak? i could crank the kick starter with my hand just like i could with my foot. i haven't tried mixing the gas yet cause i have a bunch of stuff off like the side skirts and seat and gas tank. it was leaking gas. also were can i buy an air filter for it. thanks for all your help.
sorry i have so many questions.

Top Bottom