Jackpiner57

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
I have been reading all the dirt bike magazines and going to Turkey Runs and HS and all. I hardly ever see a KDX.

If I do, it's a lady or a kid riding it.

Everybody else is riding a KTM.

Man, I must be either too old or a beginner(not) or maybe too feminine because I like my KDX!

I'm gonna practice every day after work and get real good and then go kick me some KTM ass.

Well actually, I like KTM but I couldn't afford one.

Whew I feel better now. :|

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
there just to embarrassed to talk about the kdx in magazines they dont want to make the $5600 ktm look bad:( the kdx will kill the ktm in a drag or trails the ktm is just a mx bike with a wide ratio gear box and a headlight. look at all the guys with kdx's in the forum r they all girls (well there are some)

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
Girl bike my ass!
My new kdx has as much power as my old worn out cr500 ( i said worn out ). My gf wants to rode mine but i am afraid she'll loose control and wreck ( she already flipped her QUAD).

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
I hate it when people see that I ride a KDX and think I'm a beginner, because after all, it's a beginner bike with no power, right? :|

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Some beginner named Jeff Fredette seems to like his. He's even been know to ride his for Six Days straight. :)

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Not trying to toot my own horn, just trying to make a point.

I just finished 5th 200B at the recent National Enduro on my KDX.  I also finished ahead of more than half the field of over 300 riders.  I actually passed guys on the course riding bikes like '03 450 EXCs and such.  I just giggle and think "that guy just got passed by a guy on a KDX!"

The KDX can beat those other bikes!  I beat Fred T at MX at DW last year and he was on a new KTM 250exc. :p

powercart

Mar 29, 2002
I get it from my friends too:( But the funny thing is....I can blow them away anyday on it, so i really dont care. If a kdx is a so called "Womans Bike" then what does that make them ;)

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
You wanna see someone on a girls bike, picture me at 6'2" 255lbs. riding on my CT 90! :laugh:

At least some of my friends call it a girls bike.

But it will climb a tree!

Humai

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2000
Hey Michelle, are you out there? You may want to share the competition history of your bike with these guys. . .

How many ISDE gold medalists did it beat in the A4DE?

mulerider

Mar 21, 2003
I always used to say if it was a girls bike it would come with a flower basket and pink plastic! And I do think JC Whitney offers a make-up mirror for the bars. Also on the girls edition that is available from the factory, instead of a plug wrench in the tool pack they substitute a nail file and acrylic nail set. No polish your suppose to use the spooge from the exhaust for that. I put a set of handle bar tassles on mine, its pretty!

I gotta stop the tears are forming and I can't help to think I just might cry!

Girls that ride KDX's I'm just kidding and you know that the KDX is more than a girls bike. Otherwise you would be riding and XR!

SmokinRZ

Feb 26, 2002
I rode my friends 1998 KTM 200 last weekend and was dissapointed. It was fast as hell but it was so abrupt that it wore me out after 20 minutes. My ass hurt from that park bench seat and the suspension was too stiff even with softer fork springs. I know a 2003 would have improvements, but 30 miles into an enduro on my KDX and that soft suspension and smooth power that felt so restrictive at the start to feel really good :). I was wrestling the weight of an XR 400 when I was passed in an enduro by a womanly KDX a couple of years ago, that was when the light bulb went off in my head! Now I love passing people on new bikes with my old 94 KDX.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by Timr
... The KDX can beat those other bikes!  I beat Fred T at MX at DW last year and he was on a new KTM 250exc. :p
Ah, Timr.... Fred T is not going to take that laying down! Don't be surprised if your next burger is a little crispy! :)

He's getting a little more competative this year, and I wouldn't be surprised if he taped your quote to the inside of his visor...
:aj:

jharmon

Aug 1, 2001
You need to come to my town. I ride with quite a few people that have KDXs. In fact, my first and favorite bike was a 1981 KDX 175. I don't know what it was, but I could jump and ride that thing a lot better than I can on my 1993 KX 250.

I just bought my brother a 1988 KDX 200, and I do all I can to stay in front of him. And this is his first year riding. I honestly believe the KDXs are probably one of the best trail bikes out there. And that's all I do, trail ride.

Don't be ashamed of a KDX. Be PROUD of it.

KDXTrreme

Oct 31, 2001
I enjoy passing folks on KTMs & such at hare scrambles but what really gets me going is flying over all the guys on 250 MX bikes over a 90ft. tabletop at the track. It's also great to come into a corner, cut to the inside, and roost them on my way out. My favorite time was at High Falls SX near Macon, GA. I was pulling in and 2 guys with YZ250s w/ custom graphics/rims/pipe/etc... said "Hey, nice headlight, why don't you go ride the woods." Every time I jumped over them or passed them I just smiled to myself. The block pass that sent him into the berm was nice too!
The KDX is a very capable bike in the hands of the right rider.

ktmracer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 9, 1999
I am suprised that you don't see more kdx's where you ride. I prob. see as many kdx's as any other make of bike. and i hope its not a girls bike, because i owned one for 3 years and loved it.

My ass hurt from that park bench seat and the suspension was too stiff even with softer fork springs.

RZ you shouldb't be sitting down anyway, so the hard seat is just a reminder to get off of your ass :p

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Don't know about the 'girl's bike' part (I don't have the 'my little pony' graphics set)...but I often hear it referred to as a 'BWB' (Bird Watcher Bike).

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Yes, you do ride a girls bike. Just keep thinking that to yourself as you pass all of those riders on "real" dirt bikes.

Girl bike, beginner bike, BWB...who cares what others label it. It's an awesome bike!

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
If I didn't buy Patman's old bike, I was seriously thinking of puttn' down on a brand new KDX. In a way I wished I had gone that route since the 360 is more than what I really need. The few KDX's I've ridden were comfortable to ride and the power delivery and suspension were smooth like butter. To be honest I don't see the KDX as a girls bike. In most cases when I see someone on a KDX I peg them as a hardcore trail rider ready to whoop my ass. :thumb:

490Dave

Mar 18, 2003
It would seem that the KDX was origionally built to fill a niche, But DanG! how many? It seems to suit a lot of folks. GOOD! i want one......

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
I think for many the mass appeal to the kdx line is the sheer fun you get out of riding it. It is not the kickin butt on mxer's or the power it has. The entire kdx has a feel that allows you to go have fun with any type of riding without getting worn out. You just want to keep on going after the other guys and gals want to stop cause their bikes are no fun anymore at the end of the day. I think KDX's are the only bike that can actually stand up to unending fun factor.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom