Do springs make a big difference?

Kyleb15

Oct 8, 2004
Hey guys! I have a 2000 Yz 125, I wiegh about 130 and I am about 5' 7". I am going to be racing in the 125 beginner class and I need to get this suspension worked out. It jsut beats the hell out of me on the hard landings. I went to the track to practice the other day and now my legs are really sore. I am thinking about replacing the springs and doing a revalve. Per MXtechs site, I need one size lower fork springs and two sizes lower shock spring. Should I spend the money and do both the springs and revalve? Just revalve? Just springs? Since the springs are a little cheaper I would like to try that first. What do you guys think. Anybody else do a similar thing? Thanks

BradFrost

Jan 2, 2005
Yeh and being fit helps too if ya racing... the most adjustable bit of the suspension is you. Sounds like you know what you need if you've already selected the new springs. You've probably already used different fork oils and amounts and set your rear sag so just keep your note book handy for test comparisons and have fun shopping.

Kyleb15

Oct 8, 2004
Yep I have the sag set. I have not messed witht the oils level. I have a Clymer manual and it doesnt explain chaging the oil to well. I think I am going to just but the shock spring. The forks are good, and one size I dont think I will notice. If the front is too stiff then I will lower the oil level. Also, are there any good articles on the change, so that I can set the level lower? What will revalving for my weight do and how much is a typical? The cheapest best place?

Top Bottom