Do you feel wierd buying matching gear?

2001yz250

Mar 27, 2002
Back in the day, it was galashes(sp?), mule gloves, safety glasses, spray painted helmet, t-shirt and army issue pants(from my uncle). Now THAT's a pretty picture!

KXEric

Feb 10, 2002
Good one YZ! :) ;)

Did I mention, I don't wear a clown suit and I have matching
Thor Core 4 Blue Gear and Answer M8 Helmet - Blue. :)

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
BLUE gear my friends, Buy everything Blue. All I buy is blue gear. Blue goes well with, Red, Green, Yellow, Orange, and of course Blue. If I ever change brands, my blue gear will match......... Well, not match, but look good :)

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I think I was the most clashing rider on the track..

Green/black/silver/yellow KX
Black Tech 6's
White cue-ball Shoei
Red/yellow Sinisalo pants
Green AXO jersey
Red/yellow Fox gloves
Purple Fox kidney belt
Clear/chrome HRP chest protector

I'm somewhat better now..

Blue/black/red bike
Blue/yellow helmet
Grey/red Sinisalo pants/jersey
Grey/blue Acerbis gloves
Black Fox belt
Black Tech 6's
Clear/chrome HRP chest procetor

I ordered the grey/red pants and jersey combo before I bought the bike, as I wasn't sure what I was going to get. Now I figure I should have gotten the blue/red. :debil:

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
It doesn't really matter how you look, it's how fast you ride
ahh, that'll be enough of that kinda talk mr.! :| it's just that kinda' attitude that chased me over into the mini 50 riders pits...."hey kid, check it out, my gear matches, i've got money,...LOOSER!"

WR 250

Mar 17, 2000
Funny thread, I thought I was the only one who didn't want to match. ;) There is just something about looking like the new kid with all brand new gear from the same company.

For the past several years I have been buying my gear on sale so brands don't matter at at. I do try to stick with neutral colors. I'm starting to regret my purchase of purple MSR boots that were on closeout in '97. But I can't bring myself to replace them since they have way too much life left in them. Heck, it was those purple boots that finally replaced my crusty, decade old, white Alpine Stars. Some of you may remember when white boots were way rad! Hmmm, I think my JT flexon gloves are somewhere....

2001yz250

Mar 27, 2002
Originally posted by Cam Mitchell
I think I was the most clashing rider on the track..

Green/black/silver/yellow KX
Black Tech 6's
White cue-ball Shoei
Red/yellow Sinisalo pants
Green AXO jersey
Red/yellow Fox gloves
Purple Fox kidney belt
Clear/chrome HRP chest protector
:( I almost threw up! :(

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I made the mistake of wearing my 1980's JT racing stuff at an outing with the SoCal crew. Caught some flack for it but I usually buy what's on sale, Mr. Cheapo at your service!!:)

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I don't wear the same colours, but I think I look alright. I wear silver/red FOX jersey, black pants made by mom, black FOX boots, Red/white/black HJC helmet, gray FOX gloves, white bike.

Apr 15, 2002
Originally posted by a454elk
I made the mistake of wearing my 1980's JT racing stuff at an outing with the SoCal crew. Caught some flack for it but I usually buy what's on sale, Mr. Cheapo at your service!!:)

Nothing wrong with JT, my gloves, goggles, and three t-shirts say so.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I try not to keep too many colors in my collection. Dont want to look too flambouyant, and I definetly dont want to resemble a rainbow. Besides, dark colors dont require as much cleaning.

Staley8

Jan 29, 2001
Here's what you have to wear

Underwear and Old Jeans
Socks and old Leather work boots (Wolverine or something similar)
Chest protector (I like to go shirtless to get cool tan lines)
Helmet
Gloves

Bruce

~SPONSOR~
Nov 12, 1999
Ok, years ago I buy a red helmet... so I keep buying red helmets because I starting buying red jerseys (first hockey then mx). So I finally ditch the jeans and buy riding pants... red. So now, at the age of 46, in a neighbourhood that sees me as an anomoly anyway because I ride, I usually jump into my vehicle in my bright red outfit as quickly as possible so as not to be seen when I go for a ride.

Oh yeah, and the slimming thing... I thought I looked pretty "lanky" in my gear, my wife prefers the word "pudgy".

AnneBrooks

Jan 17, 2001
funny.........although my head is spinning!

red gear & helmut----wait, that was for the XR100

blue gear & helmut---wait, that was for the TTR225

nothing matched that old honda.........

Finally............blue/orange Answer, blue/orange Thor Core 3, blue/black/white Thor Flow that all match my Blue/Orange KTM200!!

anyone want to buy the red stuff?? :aj:

FoxRacing023

Mar 29, 2002
yam-yz125-01-bikepics-25559.jpg

HJC helmet Blue
Fox Gear Blue
Gloves Blue
Alpinestars tech 8s White
goggles white/grey

if i could only ride as good as i looked :D

DahlElama

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2001
My wife buys my gear so I always match somewhere. She knows the brands I like so It's always Moose, Thor, FLY or Hebo. She does a great job. All loaded up I look like an action figure. However, I'm 'all show... no go'. Very spodely...

A buddy of mine started riding last year. He shows up wearing AXO boots, Wrangler jeans, t-shirt with a long sleeve flannel and a belt with a buckle that you could serve dinner on. This guy used to ride rodeo (bulls) so his fear factor is off the chart. Not a fashion statement... but the boy can ride!

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by zio

And for the record, JMD- I feel weird all the time. I feel weird right now. I'm wearing boxer briefs and they're bunching up and I don't think I like where things are going. Maybe I should try a thong. .

OK - Waaaaaay too much info here. Didn't need to know that. As for the butt-floss question - I'll save you the trouble of hurting your brain thinking about it. Just say "no". Leave the thongs to the super-models of the female persuasion, OK pal?

Zio - if you think this much about un-important stuff like this, what do you do when faced with a real issue??? Now just put down that gun and go take your meds before you hurt somebody. :scream:

-jeffd

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Well, thanks. Now that you've brought this up, I find myself purposely choosing the green jersey with the blue and orange pants, just to make sure I'm not gay. Thanks. I can never match again.

Milquetoast

Uhhh...
Oct 30, 2001
Blue pants
Black Gloves
Blue shirt
Black/clear chest protector
Used to be Blue boots (now dirt-brown)
Green bike
Bright yellow helmet, best I could find that fit
:)

Bruce

~SPONSOR~
Nov 12, 1999
uh.... can't ride while you're at work... Now, if that were only possible :think:

Racer_x4

Aug 6, 2001
My bike is blue and yellow because I have FMF graphics so my gear is a pair of Fox 360 Vented blue/orange pants, 02 blue/orange jersey, SFX Vented blue/orange jersey, Pawtector blue/orange gloves, HJC blue/silver AC-X1 Neo helmet and a pair of white Alpinestars Tech 8 boots. My gear brand does match except for the boots and helmet, but the color scheme basically matches the bike in a way and that's the way I like it. It also looks more professional and makes people think you are more serious if you roll up to the starting gate looking good and not like you just woke up. :D :)

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
When I got back into riding about 6 years ago, my first duty was to buy one those new fangled full coverage helmets, so I went to Cycle Gear (Concord, CA) and picked out a nice blue HJC model. I wore that thing for about two years before someone told me the horrible truth - it was purple . :think: Color blind people should never be allowed to buy gear.

Tonight, I'm going to use that old purple helmet for a night poker run. I'll remove the visor and duct tape a light to the top, so I shouldn't attract any attention.

I didn't want to buy new boots when I first started back riding, because I remembered a pair of brand new boots (bought in '74) sitting in a closest at my parent's home 600 miles away, so I had them sent.

Purple helmet (with orange lightning bolts), blue sweatshirt, AXO pants and 20+ year old "new" boots (cheap knockoffs of a popular boot from that era).

But it was all good. :D

Top Bottom