Do you know what the Support Team is?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
If you have not joined DRN's Support Team maybe you should consider some of the unspoked benefits. The dollar amounts for membership are very reasonable but are very, very cheap for what you get.
Not only do you get web space for you cool photos, a private forum, and some DRN gear you get....
Friends that will help you when you really need help. Support you when you are down. Pick you up when you have fallen. Invite you to come ride, even when your bike is broke AND loan you bike to ride. They'll even offer you thier bike to race if you can't get yours ready.
Think I'm kidding you? In the past two months, my life has changed consideribly. The passing of my mom effected me unlike any other event in my life. The funeral was literally the next day and the DRN Support Team let my family and friends know that they were there if I needed them. The phone calls, the emails, the pm's, and the flowers were a welcomed smile to my face.
A few days later, the Support Team and the Heartland Spodes made my Dad right at home at the Memorial Day Ride at the "Farm". It was a welcomed and much needed distraction from our grief. But it doesn't end here.
A few weeks later, I burned up the engine on the Mamba. I had several offers from members to use their bikes to stay in the points race of my first MX series. I bet you that doesn't happen every day.
Well, this past weekend, DRN did Cooperland. NTAC, the North Texas Smack Pack, the Heartland Spodes, and other non affilliated DRN'rs met at Cooperland for a great weekend of riding. That's when it happened to me again. I took a bad fall. Before I could get off of the track, BigLou was stopping oncoming riders. Within a few seconds, there was someone else checking on me. The Whambalance(Dodge 2500 4x4) pulled up within a couple of feet of me, OKKX'r and justql(whambalance owner/operator) picked me up and put me inside. Off to the ER I went. Now to top this off, they gathered up my gear and my bike and brought it to my house.
Since this happened, the Support Team members have been sending me PM's checking up on me. Not just the guys that were there but Members from all over, many that I have never met.
If you have the dollars and WANT to become a Support Team Member do it, you will get so, so much more. Now all of this doesn't come with warm fuzzies, you will have to accept the ribbing you'll get for your mistakes. You can count on one thing, they mean it, really they do!
Thanks justql, OKKX'r, TX246, BigLou, DWreck, Craig_enid, Thump and many more :aj: . These guys will make sure you make it home, even if the pieces are slightly rearranged at the end of the day.
Brian

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Brian,
After attending last years dirtweek, I was so impressed that so many people could be so generous with their time, advice, food, bike parts, and much more I couldnt possibly list.
So I sent off my check to sign up. A month later Okie never got it. Sent off anouther check, lost again. So this time Ill do pay pal.
It will get done one way or anouther!
Walt

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Just so you all know when you sign up you get a two way radio. This radio is linked to the support team forum. All you have to say is "help I've fallen and can't get up" and we send someone right over. ;)

Swift, hit the nail on the head folks, it's more then a place to learn about bikes. It's hard when you go home and talk to your better half about someone, and when they ask if it's someone from work, you reply no it's a friend from Texass :D or even Canada :scream: .

Just a note though, once a Support Member, never talk smack and have your picture in the gallery :D

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by bsmith
Just a note though, once a Support Member, never talk smack and have your picture in the gallery :D

Don't you mean MUG SHOT? :) :) :)

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999

I think having mugshots should be a requirement. :p

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Well you don't have to be a Support Team member to get that kind of treatment, the near 17,000 members we have here are your pals and are there for you when you need it most regardless of your membership status.

Becoming a Sponsoring member is a way of helping Okie out with the cost to keep this place running. Believe it or not he looses money on DRN every month and pays for it out of his own pocket. DRN is not his "day job" though he spends most of his day working on it to make it better for us.

If you don't know my story about the members coming through for me here is the short version:

Came home one day to a note saying wife filed for divorce and moved to CA with boyfriend. Her parents are very wealthy and did not care about legal fees so I was given the option of spending the next 2 years in court, spending about 6K a month on an attorney to fight them or pay her 30K and assume 100% of the 66K debt (most of which was her credit cards) That totals 96K I was in the hole. So I took out a home equity loan in order to keep the roof over my head and estate saled everything I have ever worked for, furniture, appliances, house hold crap (dishes, silverware, cooking stuff), home theater... everything. I kept my bike and my BBQ grill the rest was gone.

The divorce was getting REAL ugly and at the very lowest point of my life I get locked out of DRN.... I am thinking I am an Admin damnit that can't happen.... then Okie calls me and says "go look in the general forum"

The support team members/moderators raised money to get me some tools, furniture, some much needed $$, gift card to PetCo (got 5 BIG dogs and could not afford food for them to be honest, but could not give them up... they were all I had left to come home to) a ticket to the LasVegas SX with airfare AND hotel room at the Aladin! I am sure I am forgetting something too... Then Patman shows up at my house in Dallas, he lives outside of Austin, with a NICE couch for me to plant my rump on.

After that I took my house off the market and began to believe things would get better and they have. I have put in a lot of hours on the site because I enjoy it, never taken any money for it and would'nt. Then I was rewarded with something that money can't buy, the pride I have for being a part of this site and thousands of people that put meaning to the phrase "I got your back". I am still pretty speachless thinking about it.

Well that is the short version of my story. Thanks again to all of you for making this place great.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Amen, David.

A mugshot is a very bad idea, unless of course they can use current ones like Twinny has on file at the county jail!:):):moon:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Not as long as Papakeith is lurking around in his BVD's and black overcoat. :eek:

Rockey5000

Mod Ban
May 6, 2002
I will be joining as soon as I know how. Okie shouldn't have to pay out of his pocket to keep this place running when there are so many members that could help. Could somebody send me a PM or something w/ the info on how to join, I will do it ASAP.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I have a stupid question, if you can't pay for a lifetime membership up front, but still wish to contribute do you have to pay for a full lifetime membership later on or is there a discount?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Originally posted by WoodsRider

Not as long as Papakeith is lurking around in his BVD's and black overcoat. :eek:
Sheez! you edit a couple of pictures and they crucify ya! :aj:

Seriously, think about how much time you spend here, they add up how much you spend annually on dirtbike related magazines. Next figure out which one give you more bang for your buck.
It was a no brainer for me.
Support team or not you'll get the same great advice and comeraderie(sp?). I'm just in a position where I could, and wanted to help, so I did.

Last edited:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
You can pay monthly, yearly or lifetime SMB.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
My top ten reasons money spent on DRN is better than money spent on any dirt mag out there.

10. You don't have to wait six to eight weeks for your subscription to start.
9. Magazine articles don't have any emotion to them. :eek: :p :moon: :)
8. Magazines don't directly connect you to thousands of dir bike loving friends you have never met.
7. You get tech tips on what you want, not what the editors think you want.
6. Got a question? Ask away. Do that with your magazine, and you'll likely get strange looks!
5. How often have you caught yourself picking up the same magzine and thumbing through it every hour, on the hour, if not more often? (dirt bike mags, we're talkin' dirt bikes here, sheeesh)
4. Can your magazine repaint and post your bike in pink? How about with tassles?
3. The sponsors/advertisers don't take up 2/3 of this place, now do they?
2. Magazines don't have 16,865 people out there willing to talk to you about dirt bikes.
1. How many times has your magazine made you spit soda all over the place because somebody said something hilarious?

Last edited:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Members get the luxury of being invited to tracks where a man (or woman) can ride with other like minded souls no matter their ability, obtain great perk items such as BBQ sauce, mudcat hunting lessons, and get to compare lowside strawberries with folks you've never met before but won't ever forget.
Not to mention the nifty avatars!

:cool:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Papakeith said,
Support team or not you'll get the same great advice an comeraderie(sp?). I'm just in a position where I could, and wanted to help, so I did.
Thats what it is all about. But like I said, you help out and help really does come back to you. No pressure here just a reminder to those of you that have thought about the Support Team but just haven't gotten around to it.
BTW, Don't forget your Dirtweek 2002 entries, this will be the third unforgettable event from the site that Okie built. Come on out to Cooperland, October 1-5. This will be a vacation/ride you will talk about 'til 2003!

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
i have been saving for awhile too join. I had 42 dollars set aside for the support team, and Then I had to waste it all on a new top end :think:

I am saving my pennies and will join as soon as i can. For all of the bandwith I have wasted with my 5.40 post per day average, Okie deserves something!! :)

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
As I have posted earlier Thanks , this place is great! The support members, regular members admin's and mod's keep the place very enjoyable! :) I went for the "lifetime" because I could, I also felt that after 8 months I owed a lil "pay it forward". I'm realy proud to know I'm a part of this place and as I have let David (Thump) know, we are still trying to put together something (non-dirtbike related) for DW-2. There is a good group here and the fun part is getting together and placing a face to the smack talking good times found here! :) See ya all soon,

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
Hey, you're going to dw? No Fair! :confused:

It would take a stinking miracle for my parents to take me, or to even let me ride with someone else! ( I havent asked yet, but seeing as how my parents both wish i hadnt gotten into dirtbiking in the first place, I'm sure the answer would be a resounding NO!)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm sure the answer would be a resounding NO!
If that is the WORST that can happen if you ask, then ask. Have them email or call me. I'll give them the scoop on DW02. They might just find out that you have some of the best friends in the world. :) :aj:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by BSWIFT
Don't forget your Dirtweek 2002 entries, this will be the third unforgettable event from the site that Okie built. Come on out to Cooperland, October 1-5. This will be a vacation/ride you will talk about 'til 2003!

K......We all know that OKIE .....Rocks!!!!!!!!!! Personally I dont have a ride If I am able to make it out. It is during the school year. If I am I do, I am looking to make it there and trying to schedual school dates. I do wan't to know this.....Does anyone have a 2-4 stroke in the old a$$ class that would allow me to ride? I ride a 2 but prefer a 4........Luv to all.
Happy Trails!
PK

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Irish I will have a 92 YZ250 that will be sitting next to our camper more than under me that week;) and I am sure there will be others there to try out
Dell If anyway you can talk to your parents and get there with them we may just convince them to ride also

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
For me DW02 is a no go!

I don't have a bike to ride due to the fact that the Volvo isn't fited to carry my ride. Aside from that I am still in school......So my list of classes don't include DW02........I'm sorry!......I am pretty sure I can work in the dates!..........I just cant work in the dates.......Milk_KK250 sweares I can. I am trying my best. ..........Phillip

IrishEKU@aol.com

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
I can not make it there due to the fact that I can't carry a bike......If there is anyone out there that can loan me a bike.......I will be there! Look for an old Volvo Maroon color with a bunch of gear haning in the back!

Top Bottom