Do you really love the sport?

Oct 10, 2000
I don't understand why we would edit out someones new Web site address that they are developing and want feed back on. If we truly love dirt biking wouldn't we want everyone in the sport to know about a positive place that they can go to when they have read everything on DRN? I know this person posted the info. in 3 different forums which wasn't the correct thing to do, but we have a member that has posted in two forums about his web site and he did not get a message about "HAWKING". What is the difference? Is it because his is not based on a simalar format as DRN? or just posted in two forums?My feeling is if you don't want someone to post a new web site address on DRN then delete the topic.

Last edited:

SCHLAVA

Jan 12, 2001
SPAM?

Could someone please explain exactly what SPAM is? I’m I correct that it is when a dealership advertises its own equipment or website. Say if FMF got on DRN and said buy our pipes they are the best, then that would be spam? right? But then if I use FMF products and I would recommend them here on this website that is not a spam correct? I would really love to know.

Mark

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
It's said to be pork shoulder and ham....:think ...but I have my curiosities.

:confused:

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I think we are talking is the format, personal web site as opposed to open forum for all kinds of topics.( ie. DB.,thumpertalk and so on )

So I can understand why.

My 2 pennies

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Lets say that you owned and operated a widget company"Widget World". Lets also pretend that your companies showroom floor is full of customers that you have worked tirelessly to get and keep.
Then along comes a salesman from "World of Widgets". Who promptly sets up shop right on your showroom floor and opens up for business.
What would your reaction be? To welcome him/her with open arms? I don't think so.
I'm impressed that that post(the unedited one) stayed on the forum for as long as it did.
I was also supprised that it wasn't just deleted in the first place instead of being edited.
just my .02

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
What about Widgets-R-Us?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Farmer John
I prefer widgetrider.net

... but I hear woodswidget.org is a real comer :eek:

SCHLAVA

Jan 12, 2001
I guess I'm not catching on so I need more explaining. If what jpivey is saying is true, isn't this an open forum? woodsracers is an open forum and I thought this one is too? Is it too hard for someone to simply explain the EXCACT rules of this website or at least show me a link to where they are. I really don't think there is a correlation between the two sites in this discussion and widgets. Apples and oranges. Yes if I owned one widget store and I wouldn't let someone else come in and advertise his or her widget. But that is a for profit business. DRN is a free website and so it the other one, along with holeshot, ecea, netra, sera and the tons of other websites. So there is no business being taken as in the widget example.

It amazes me that we are here for the sharing of knowledge in a sport we all love, but at the same time we can't pass along the names of other websites that provide the same type of information? I see names here that also post on other websites so it is not likely that we will stop frequenting one because we found another. Is that the fear? A little serious help here guys would be appreciated.
Mark

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by Rich Rohrich
... but I hear woodswidget.org is a real comer :eek:
Don't forget Rec/Widget/Dirt . . . :confused:

It seems like they have an inferiority complex comparing themselves to WidgetRider.Net :p

Old CR goat

Sponsoring Member
Nov 10, 2000
Free for you, Mark, and free for me but free of operating cost? I think not.

Does anyone know where I can get some prices on used widgets? widgettrader.com maybe

SCHLAVA

Jan 12, 2001
Back to my original question. If I refer people to joe's.com website cause its another good source of dirtbike info then that wouldn't be spamming correct?

Thanks ivan that last part was useful for helping me understand what spamming is.

Mark

Last edited:

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Originally posted by SCHLAVA
If what jpivey is saying is true, isn't this an open forum? woodsracers is an open forum and I thought this one is too?
Mark

actually what I 'm trying to say is, this is an open forum and so is woodsracers. Woodsracer advertising his site on this forum is considered a spam. Other site that don't get edited are personal website's or page's not an open forum

Last edited:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
We better add eurowidget.com before some cranky pantsless pumpkinhead gets all bent out of shape.:eek:

FYI - I read in WidgetCross Action that eurowidgets are designed to run on 100:1 mix but if you put race gas in them the left rear widgetring will fail. You've been warned :)

Top Bottom