BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Although DW03 is planned for Cooperland let me explain to all the :whiner: 's what your in for. You see, you must really love Dirtweek to have it close to you, not because it is close but because you want everyone to enjoy themselves in your backyard. It is impossible for Okie and the Mods to put on Dirtweek when they are literally 100's of miles away.
When Okie announced DW02 was going to be at Cooperland, the Heartland Spodes jumped into action. Countless hours of prep went into making the logistics work out. All volunteer. I'm not complaining in the slightest just letting you know that Dirtweek is a lot of work.
Before you :whiner: about Dirtweek not being close to you, be thankful that all you have to do is Drive to Cooperland in 2003 to enjoy Dirtweek. Many people nearby will make your stay pleasant and all you have to do is show up. If you show up, I guarantee you will enjoy yourself. I further guarantee that I will borrow Patman's Montessa and ride thru your camp and make you smile! :) I've worked hard for a lot of things in life but few things have given me such pleasure as helping DW02 be a great event. One last thing, don't be too surprized if I raid your cooler :aj: , I do get quite thirsty shaking hands and introducing myself. Hope to see you at the place the Cooper built, Cooperland. :thumb:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Brian, did you break even on the Spodewash? If not, i'll be happy to contribute a little extra.

You HS guys deserve a medal. :thumb: So does the Okie clan.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Even it was, the extra left over was Cal's pump!
PS, if DW is held in your backyard, I'll be there :aj: .

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I know you weren't fishing, but thanks again Brian. The Heartland Spodes did an awesome job. I feel the pain for you guys in the coming year. I know you are going to spend a lot of time cutting trails, but then you get to ride 'em. :aj:

Seriously, thanks again. :yeehaw:

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
there is lots of 'heart' in them there Heartland Spodes... we love you and appreciate you all...

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Todd, your right on the mark. This is not about tooting my own horn. Last time DW plans were announced, several :whiner: 's wanted DW nearer to them so they wouldn't have to go very far. I'll go wherever DW is held. The point is simple, be careful what you wish for it could come true. Our group will support DW anyway we can, wherever it is because we really enjoy it, hard work and all.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Brian,
You and the troops did a great job. When stuff goes smooth, its over looked sometimes, But its obvious how much time and effort went into the shower, the big top tent, road signs, and stuff I dont even know about.
Thanks again, and even though OK is 14 hours instead of 4 hours for Casey IL, I'll be there with no complaints, I love a good road trip.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Brian - You and the HS gang deserve a round of thanks for all you behind the scene work. We have a year to get healed and learn from the difficiencies. Let's pull HS and NTSP together and make DW 03 better than ever.
After I get the pins out of my toes and back on my feet, let's plan a weekend to walk trails and do some layout work. Winter would be good based on Milk's comment about poison ivy in another thread. I love to clear trails!
Tony

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
If Okie seals the deal with Brownie we'll do it. I would much rather clear trails in the winter than in August:scream:.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'll let you guys know as soon as it's done ... but, yes, it's going to be there.

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
If the Southeast had a suitable venue for DW, I'd love to have it there. I'd even volunteer to work it.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Count me in for cuttin' trail duties!! You guys/gals did a great job;the hours must have been incredible to put it all together :worship: !

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
i don't know of any suitable area's in KY, but the LL's in TN might work. Seince I am close to the area I could make it down there to clear trails and any carpentry work that needed to be done. As for Dw in CL next year, nothing short of an "Act Of God" is keeping me from that!

List is started:
  • Trailer. Check
  • Buying new gear this Fall and next Spring. Check
  • Getting the Zinger worked over this Winter. When it get's here.
  • Get Commissioned, new sled(Toy Hauler?) In Progress!

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
If the Southeast had a suitable venue for DW, I'd love to have it there. I'd even volunteer to work it.

Monster Mountain (if we could get them to let us use all the trails) would be a good choice. The track is great, they are putting in the sx track and they still have the GP track I think.

Ivan

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Mill Creek in Pell City, AL has a MX track, a SX track, and plans to buy 60 acres adjacent to the property for trails. It's a contender for this year's SE Spodefest.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I couldn't have said it better than walt did.

bhiner

Sponsoring Member
May 12, 2002
:thumb:I can't wait until next year. I just joined DRN this summer and "tried DW because it was close to home(2.5hrs).
My son and I had an absolute BLAST :yeehaw: and will drive 20 hrs if we have to next year to attend!
It would be cool if it's at Cooperland again next year... I can't imagine a better facility.
If you need help, let me know!

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Monster Mountain is aptly named. It's a big, scary, looking-for-another-gear-WFO kinda place. I like it, but I'll never do a real race there. I'm too young to die.

That's why they have Loretta's qualifiers there. :worship:

Top Bottom