Doctors!

smoke9

BikeGraphix
So I helped set up a Hare Scramble course here in Kansas on Saturday and after about 8 hours of work, I went out for a practice run. I ended up crushing a couple of my toes and had to got to the ER. On Monday went to my Ortho Surgeon for a 2:15pm appt. I got to the office 15 min early to fill out paperwork. I sat in the waiting room until 3:15 and was then asked to come on back. I then sat in the little room for another hour!! When the doctor finally came in... He spent less than 10 min with me and I even had to rewrap my own wound when the meeting was done! Not even an apology for the wait! I run a business and would never treat a customer this way.. what has happened to customer service! :bang:

I'm a contractor, and the man who owns the business (fortune 500) where I buy material tells this story........."I had to go see the Dr, and after a 30 min wait, I got up and told the lady behind the glass, time IS money and my time is worth more than his...I don't appreciate the wait!" He was seen right away. Boy I wish I could use that one..........

RedBull

Viva La Revolucion!
I feel its on the same line as gas prices they know that they can get away with that crap because no matter what were going to have to put up with it and pay it. One or more people may get a break because they stand up for themselves But Unless we all stand up for each other and ourselves Its gonna be a hard thing to change especially since alot of people have this attitude like well It doesn't effect me that much or so what I hardly have to deal with it? And they would rather not get off their couch then vote or write a letter or email.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
I hate it when I'm supposed to meet with a contractor and he makes me wait an hour . . .

I hate it when I'm supposed to go see the car mechanic and he makes me wait an hour . . .

it all sucks, BUT . . .

That doc has probably been seeing people all freakin' day long, a lot of them taking up way more of his time than you ever thought of taking up because they are hypochondriacs and keep pestering him with questions, while your injury was an easy diagnosis that wouldn't take him very long so he would be able to go to the next old lady who might need bunion surgery or something.

either that or he was golfing :rotfl:

Yes, he should have apologized for making you wait, but a guy's gotta take a minute and think about what other people are dealing with in their day.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
I hate it when I order graphics and theres a long wait, shipping delays, and a messed up order :rotfl:

As to the Dr's, you can thank your freindly insurance company for the wait! My father in law was a Dr, and he said the Insurance companies he worked with would demand a certain amount of visits a day. Since they contract with Dr's for lower amounts then we would pay, they make up for that with volumn. Hence no more time with your doc!
Also, Maybe you should try going to school/training for 10-12 extra years, pay off huge student loans, work weekends, nights, do your rounds at 6 so you can be to the office by 8 so you're not late, pay payroll for 2 admins, 2 nurses, and 1 PA, buy new equipment all the time, pay hospital fees, cleaning fees, disposal fees, and probably the worst is the Malpractice Insurance.
I know 3 Dr's now who have declared bankruptcy due to the malpractice Insurance (straw that broke the camels back). Maybe not a fair comparision, because WA state has the highest percentage of malpractice lawsuits.

smoke9

BikeGraphix
I feel you on those graphic companies BSwift.. what a bunch of lazy "artists".... :laugh:

Yeah I understand and think about what other people have done to get to that position... or what their day may have been like before I arrived at the office and waited 2 hours.... If I didn't take these things into consideration I would have made a scene, left and/or told the doctor how I felt. I didn't do that, I calmly wrapped my wound, went to the pharmacy and got my pain meds... and went home and whined on the computer behind his back...

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
smoke9 said:
. . . I calmly wrapped my wound, went to the pharmacy and got my pain meds... and went home and whined on the computer behind his back...
I don't mean to laugh at your pain, but that is some funny stuff right there, mister!

knowiam

Subscriber
Hope your toes feel better... how did you crush them?
Ken

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
I calmly wrapped my wound, went to the pharmacy and got my pain meds... and went home and whined on the computer behind his back...
That is a good line :cool:

I do agree though a little common courtesy goes a long way!

bsmith said:
That is a good line :cool:

I do agree though a little common courtesy goes a long way!

It is a very funny line. I agree.

I went to the doctor a week ago for a routinish thing... short appointment. I was running late... called from the car to see if they'd still see me (knowing how these things are)... got there.. waited maybe another ten minutes tops- kinda normalish... got called in...

and...here's the rub....

They apologized profusely for having made me wait!! :rotfl:

I 'fessed up that it was the other way around.

Well, your pain was my smile. Thanks for some great humor.

Hope you get better soon.

smoke9

BikeGraphix
Thanks all for your concern.. I was moving pretty good on a bermed right turn, very rocky, and my brake foot caught a large rock. SMASHED between the rock and peg! The broken bones I can handle but the stitches under the removed toenails was brutal! Now its the boredom of my limited movement and not riding thats painful..... thank god for the internet :nod:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
My son's orthodontist runs a tight ship. It's a pretty big operation and she sees the patient exactly at the appointed time or earlier if they are ahead and the patient is available. When you sign up you agree that late is not an option and they do as well. So most of his visits for routine adjustments etc... are 10 minutes tops. The more lengthy visits for molds, brackets, etc... take exactly as long as they say. Still great bedside manner and you feel like they gave you quality time.

My podiatrist / sports med doc is also pretty good about giving ya' time and staying on schedule. Of course I might get special treatment as he's my cousin LOL! But my allergist is typically pretty prompt as well. I need to find a new GP and that's going to be an important item for me. Don't waste my time and I won't waste yours.

KS Hare Scramble.. Perry?
I live in KS too. Olathe, KS. (Near Overland Park and Lenexa)
Where do you live?

EDIT: I just realized your thing says Bike Graphix. =P
I purchased number plates from you guys about a week ago.
I already received them, and they look great on the bike.
Thanks. What a small world..
BTW, the number plates were for the '05 CR125R Number 205.

Reesknight

Subscriber
I had a similar experience a couple of months ago. The receptionist told me they allow 30 minutes for paperwork, so if you're appointment is at 2, you're really not supposed to be called till 2:30 and that's to go back to the next waiting room, so they're really only an hour and a half behind instead of 2 hours. I did make the comment that only the medical profession could get away with that. :bang: