Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
mtk said:
... and they get worked a lot harder than most in the process.
Tell that to the guys that sweat for a living.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Solid State said:
Some lessons learned through interaction with the juggernaut that is our medical profession:

4. Never go to a woman doctor - ever.

:coocoo:

Once you turn 40 you will learn to appreciate the lady doctors as their fingers are smaller. :yikes:

However (Numero 6), never opt for the PA if the doctor is too busy. I had one nearly kill me one time with some once-a-day evil mass dossage antibiotics. I was spray painting uncontrollably for several days and could have died due to dehydration.

Doctors and customer service? As with any other service, if you are not happy, go shopping for a new one. Of course, that will no longer be an option with Hillary-Care.

BTW, if everyone could make the personal sacrifices necessary to earn a 150k-500k salary, then nearly everyone would be a doctor. They are heros, in my book, for putting up with us and our problems.

mkelly04

Jul 27, 2007
mtk said:
Don't forget the internship and residency requirements they have to go through, which counts as "on-the-job training" for doctors. Granted they DO get paid for these stints, but not nearly as much and they get worked a lot harder than most in the process.

That is no different then most other careers. Engineers have to work under a licensed engineer for 4 years before they can take the P.E. exam. Electricians go through a journeyman program before they can get a license, etc.

Besides, I thought the second 2 years of med school were mostly residency years?

Top Bottom