Bum522

May 25, 2003
i'm 15 and i just got a new honda 100 and im having trouble getting the hang of it. Some guy laughed and said it was because im a girl but i ignored him. Where should i start out to get the hang of it? a field or some dunes? advice anyone? help.......

KenR

Feb 20, 2002
If you've never ridden, I would start out in a big, flat open area with some firm ground. The soft sand of dunes will only make your life miserable while you're learning.

What exactly are you having problems with? Clutching, turning, shifting?

Also, you may want to post this question in the Wardy's Riding Technique forum.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Where do you ride at? We live on the south side of town off Hwy 210.
I started my son on an XR100 a couple of years ago. We ride up at Hilliard motocross track. They have two tracks, one hard pack clay and one sand. They also have a lot of trails. It is $10 a day per rider and they are open Wed, Fri, Sat and Sun. It is pretty sandy so may not be the best place to start but there are always people there to help. We will probably be there next Sunday 6/1.
One of the best things to help once you start going is go easy, and stand up. You have much more control standing on the pegs than you do paddling your feet on the ground.

PM me or E-mail me you have any questions about other riding areas or shops and stuff around Jax.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Bum,
If your bike is new, you should have the bike manual and the literature that Honda gives with the smaller bikes. It is a manual on how parents should teach kids the basics. Read this and do what it says and you will be ready to enjoy the dirt for the rest of your life!
(don't skim through it, READ IT)

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Like KenR said. Also, you MUST know someone who rides who can teach you the basics, right?

P.S. Wear all the safety gear & don't ride alone.

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Go find a relatively flat type of field and ride till your dizzy.....learn how to take off, clutch, change gears and brake....you must have a friend who can point out the basics......then ride till your dizzy!!!! Remember Muhammed Ali didn't know how to throw a punch, someone taught him, Richard Petty didn't know how to drive a car.......nobody just picks up and knows how to do something you have to learn..just like walking. When Mr D@#$head calls you a girl...keep ignoring him and remember everyone had to learn.

Top Bottom