cantrell24x

Oct 24, 2001
I thought I had a bent subframe on my kx250 because my seat is rolled over to the left and down, and my rear fender sticks up and right a couple inches.

So since its a new season adn all I bought a basket o parts for the bike, including a new sub frame and rear fender.

After installing the new SF and fender without any hint of trouble, I found that I still have the goofy ergo's problem.

Does this mean my frame frame (as opposed to sub frame) is bent?

If the fram frame is bent does it justify spending the money on a new bike without telling my wife until afterwards?

Or if the wife gets smart to my new bike plans does anyone out there fix bent framed kx250's?

Also this is a two stroke so I realise that I will have to travel to the japanese highlands to search out an aged kawasaki guru from the old days that understands the lost art of the two stroke. And beg him and plead with him and show him pictures of the wife and explain I can never buy a new bike and will he please one last time put a frame in a jig for a damn dirt biker.

detox250kx

May 24, 2007
there was no need to buy a new sub frame the same thing happened to me. but just my sub frame was bent i stripped the bike down and bent it back. i got it perfect to if the fenders are still a little bent a good idea is too heat them up with a heat gun so they get nice and soft and tape them in place over night. what im gtting at is if you cant find anyone to straighten your frame you might be able to cheat the back end by bending your sub frame the opposite way asuming the track is still straight of course. if its not very severe you might be able to make it virtually unnoticibale.

cantrell24x

Oct 24, 2001
bent frame and suspension performance

I recently posted about the bent frame on my kx 250. Some brute force tuning has gotten the frame sort of straight. I can see a slight uneveness in the swing arm (one side is a 1/4 inch lower than the other) and the fender is just barely not straight.

My question is how will this effect my suspension and overall handling? I am concerned that it might corner like hell now and maybe not track well either.

thanks

Chris

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
No one can tell you that for sure. All you can do is ride it and find out for yourself.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I would find it real hard to believe it would make a difference in riding. Making sure the muffler does not rub or because it looks wracked from behind is about it.

cantrell24x

Oct 24, 2001
Thanks for the replies. I was kinda concerned about the angle of the rear axle throwing things off. I'll hopefully get a ride in this weekend.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Yes,

G.M.D. Computrack has several franchise locations in the U.S. See: http://www.gmdcomputrack.com/

Kent Soignier use to own a shop near Atlanta, Cycle Nuts & Bolts, before he bought the rights to the G.M.D. C. frame alignment system here in the U.S.

That being said; you may be able to buy a used frame for less than having yours straightened.

Good luck, KW

Top Bottom