Does the AMA really check???

Just on the race gas thing,  I may be crazy or it may be some odd coincidence but my friend had to run race gas in his CR250 and when he sold it he gave me like 3-4 gallons.  The bike would bring out crazy power at odd moments.  It sent my bike flyin through the air off a whoop one time.  I think it must do something more than a pony or two.  

bedell99

Subscriber
Thats almost my entire argument. Who has saw them tear them down?

Erik
kx 144

PS Why was this post moved Ivan???

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Erik,
In AMA Pro competition.
It is $100 to protest a riders engine.(tech)
You have to be entered in that class that day ( so at a national you would have to make it thru the qualifiers )
and you have to specify ,in writing, what rule the engine in question is aledgedly not in compliance with.
This has to be done within 30 minutes of the posted "finish" results.
Pretty simple,same as the AMA Amateur rules.

On the "claiming rule" I could find nothing in National MX , maybe they got rid of that?

It is still in Superbike and other forms of AMA Pro comp though?
So my guess is it still exists but possibly as a supplemental rule.

In superbike or super sport Road Racing the amount is $1500 OVER the machines suggested retail to claim it.
IE: If your protesting a CBR 600F3 and it retails for $8,000 you have to put up $9500.

This was basically how the old MX rule worked that used to be in place..I'll ask around and see if it still is.

1500$ over retail uh ?  I read in a article that the Honda Factory bikes were around 80,000$..  All I have to do is find someone to qualify and file a protest and that 1500$ over retail is looking pretty good.  

bedell99

Subscriber
I think that 80,000 is the cost of the bike with all the R&D goodies that goes along with it, which cost a hell of alot of money. My hunch is you can claim it for around $7500.(~6000 + 1500)The thing is I wouldn't claim a 250, I would claim a 125cc. The reason is power. Any 250 can be competitive due to the fact of the higher power output stock. All you 250 guyz know this. In the 125cc class, a rider of the same skill, riding an inferior bike is at a tremendous disadvantage. All you 125cc guyz know this, but since I'm not qualifing at any national, unless I secretly poison all the riders, I can never find out. The thing is I would "never" claim or accuse a person at an amateur level race, unless it was some smuck that rides the 125C class with a hopped up 167cc that should be riding in the expert class. It would be fun teaching him a lesson. As for racing amateur races all I want to do is have fun and hope the guy/girl next to me wants the same. I really don't care if your bike is a bit overbored, as long as your not trying to make a living out of racing and all you are looking for is a good time racing with your buddies. I think most of the people here would be on the same page as me.

Erik

99 kx 144

Here's the info on claiming from the AMA *amateur* rule book. I don't know what goes for the pros:

"E. Claiming
1. All sanctioned dirt track, short track, scrambles, motocross, road race, hillclimb, and youth meets are claiming meets. The claiming price shall be 30% over manufacturers suggested retail price using the Kelly Blue Book or NADA appraisal guide and include the complete motorcycle or minicycle.
Dirt track, short track, and scrambles claims will be for the engine including electronics, carburetion, and exhaust. Claiming prices for dirt track, short track, and scrambles are established in the following schedule:
0-250cc-$2,000
251-504cc-$4,000
505-Up (single)-$6,000
750cc Multi-cylinder-$17,500
Vintage class equipment will be excluded from the claiming rule.

2. Any rider (claimant) may enter a claim for a motorcycle (or minicycle) ridden in an event in which the claimant has competed. A claim must be entered with the referee after the meet has been completed, but no later than 30 minutes afterward. The referee then notifies the owner of the claimed motorcycle and may take possession of it.
3. A claim must be accompanied by cash, certified check or bank draft. The owner of the claimed machine must immediately deliver it intact, along with a clear title or bill of sale.
4. If more than one claim is received for the same motorcycle, a drawing will be held to determine the successful claimant.
5. If a rider whose motorcycle is claimed refuses to comply, he must forfeit his trophy, is disqualified from the meet and will be suspended for one year.
6. A rider may not enter a claim on his own equipment."

AJ, when's the last time this happened in D-17?

James
00CR250