Billinin

Feb 21, 2007
today I got a quote for my 2006 KX85 for a complete top end rebuild. They told me $100 for parts, 3 hours to do it @ $150 per hour..........does this sound right or can I get it done cheaper? Thank you.....I hope I put this in the right space...thanks :coocoo:

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
His labor wage sounds a little off. parts are about right.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Billinin said:
today I got a quote for my 2006 KX85 for a complete top end rebuild. They told me $100 for parts, 3 hours to do it @ $150 per hour..........does this sound right or can I get it done cheaper? Thank you.....I hope I put this in the right space...thanks :coocoo:
What shop quoted you that price,if I might ask?

Billinin

Feb 21, 2007
Im 23 miles west of Fort Wayne and 90 miles north of Indy...........I didnt think I was allowed to put business names on here......anyways...I just thought it sounded high but wanted to know what you guys thought......maybe I need to look around and get prices....or better yet.....learn myself.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I am not supposed to put business names????? No spamming your sponsors,but telling who is a rip off is another story! I do not remember the names of the shops east of you,but I do know they favor the smaller bikes and racers. Lunch at Portllo's and a manual,I will show you how!

Billinin

Feb 21, 2007
sounds good.........that would be awesome.......got any riding plans this weekend or next? I want to get some riding in within the next several weeks before it starts to get cooler..

Billinin

Feb 21, 2007
hey guys.....I hate to be a bother but have 2 more questions here......I was charged $2.28 for a crush washer(oil drain plug washer), and quoted $250 for a port and polish and was told it takes 5 hours........is this right? I just dont want to get screwed here and alot of people tell me I can get good straight answers on this site..........thank you :whoa:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You're convinced these guys are trying to screw you over and now you are going to trust them to port a cylinder?

Billinin

Feb 21, 2007
no no....I was simply curious as to how much it would be....and I have no other place to go thats close. I simply want to know if that sounds about right because I have no idea.......thanks

Top Bottom