Apr 20, 2001
I Have recently replaced my power valves, & piston on my kdx200 and this has made a difference I can't explain. Now it's time to beef up the stock pipe on my KDX. I have had a lot of advice from my local riding buddies.
And everyone seems to like the Doma more Than the FMF for the KDX.
It is a 91 Model, And I need more power at top revs

Any Suggestions Would be Appreciated as I have to wait 4-6 weeks for my Pipe

------------------

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
We don't get Doma pipes in North America so I can’t be of much help there. The best pipe I’ve ever used for 89 to 94 KDX200s is a modified stock pipe. If you have access to a MIG or TIG welder or perhaps even a brazing torch and have a couple hour on your hands I’d suggest you give it a try first. You can find instructions at www.justkdx.dirtrider.net click on tech tips then on 89 to 94 pipe mod. It’s worth the time it takes.

David

------------------
Let's bust big . . . I don't think so. Let's bust bark! Now you're talking!

www.justkdx.dirtrider.net

KDX200 king

Nov 14, 2000
I have a 1989 kdx 200 and the best all around pipe is deffinetly fmf ,the only pipe is the "Fatty" I wish that fmf would make a fatty pipe for the 1995 and up but they dont well good luck on your pipe selection.

kyle

------------------

Apr 20, 2001
Thank you all for the input. I have done the stock pipe mod about two weeks ago. And it has made a major difference to the bike,BUT it is still not getting the top end performance that i think my KDX is capable of. Just a question could it be anything else that is holding it back. I have also recently done the jetting on my carb acording to Canadian Daves great articles on the JustKDX Webpage.

------------------

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Hiya Loosenuts, did you ever get your Doma pipe? Did you like it? Difference over stock & where?

I have a '91 200 & have got a mod’d stock pipe & had no intention of changing until some crowd over here are having a sale & a Doma pipe is about ½ the price of an FMF or Pro circus (due to our $ & freight they are quite expensive).

Wevski

Aug 29, 2001
KDX Exhaust

HI
I have a stock '90 KDXSR. Apparently the mod for the stock SR pip does not work as well as for the normal KDX.
I am after a FMF pipe but am having difficulty in finding a dealer.
I live in England but would pay carriage if somebody could let me know somewhere i could order one from.
thanks for any help
Wev

Top Bottom