Pvt Joker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 29, 2002
After a quite a bit of reflection and thinking about the best interests of my family, I’ve decided it is time for me to give up dirt bike riding.

I had a routine get-off last summer which landed me in the hospital for several days. Six months after that I had to have surgery with some new stainless steel put in my shoulder.

I feel fortunate that I came out of it as well as I did. But even now I won’t be able to do all the things I could before. However unlikely it would be to have another accident like that, with three children less than five years old, I am just not willing to take the chance.

I’ve always had a blast riding with everyone I met here on DRN. I have nothing but good memories of riding and hanging out. I hope for safe riding for you all and I’ll feel privileged should our paths cross again.

If anyone knows of someone who would be interested in my bikes, they’re available.

Mike

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Mike - god bless you and the family. That must have been scary for all of you.
We'll miss you out there but I'm sure we'll meet again. All the best.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Mike, We have missed you. I do understand the decision tho. Best of luck to you and the family.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Sorry to hear that Mike. :( .

When the kids have grown, you may change your mind. but when your raising a family, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. :nod:

Good luck buddy. It's been a pleasure riding with you. :cool:

BTW, are you selling the Harley too? Maybe we could get out for a street ride sometime?

Ol'89r

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Many good times with you and your boy. Bring him by for a beer when he gets home.

Best of luck to you and your family.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Family First! You're still welcome here anytime for some bench racing.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Sorry to see you go. But understand the decision. I and the mini scars wish you the best.
I sent you a pm regarding the bikes.

Pvt Joker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 29, 2002
Thanks everyone, Eric and Chris.

Terry, the Harley is for sale too... but I could be up for a ride, as long as you don't think my beautiful Harley with the for sale signs on it is too ghetto..

Jeff, I'm sure we could take you up on the offer. I've got a few bottles of Dex beer, leftover from when he was born last year, reserved.

Tim, I've still got that bike with the plate. I'll e-mail you tomorrow from work.

Mike

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Too bad you're quitting - I've thought of hanging up the boots a few times, but this is the only thing that I have fun doing. Until I think of a replacement, I'll just keep on.

BTW...you still have that lowered Yamaha?

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Mike, I remember hearing about your get-off some time ago, but I had not realized that your injuries were so severe.
I enjoyed riding with you and meeting your family, hope you find another "outlet" that proves to be as much fun and a little safer.

Top Bottom