RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Ouch!! That's almost like on that chopper show in the discovery channel when 2 $150,000 bikes fell off the work lift while getting them built for a show. The first fall was considered a fluke and Paul, the owner, blew a gasket when the second on fell :eek:

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Oh man, I can't even imagine how long they're going to deduct from the guy's paycheck. It should be somewhere around 1000-1500 years.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
OMG That's terrible...I speak from personal experience when I say that the people from NOAA are not pleasant when you damage their stuff. My company refinished one of their marine vessels, but the sandblasting company broke a window..oh no, bad bad stuff.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by oldguy
Really Rich, it looks more like Mister Who was working part time there

I can just hear Billy now , I was just walking by and I looked over and it fell down. NO REALLY. I SWEAR I WASN'T PLAYING WITH IT. REALLY :eek:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
*bolts that were supposed to secure the satellite to the “turn over cart” had been removed a day earlier by a crew working on another satellite project*

I hate it when I take bolts off one bike and put on another ;)

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Originally posted by bsmith
*bolts that were supposed to secure the satellite to the “turn over cart” had been removed a day earlier by a crew working on another satellite project*

What, the're building a 285 million dollar project, and they can't afford two sets of hold down bolts :uh:

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
That would not be something I would like to explain to my boss! You know none of them ride dirt bikes. If one had, they would have had a set of tie downs on her just for good measure. :thumb:

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
MSNBC wrote
The satellite was intended to go into polar orbit in 2008 and monitor the climate for up to four years. In addition to weather, vegetation and drought studies, it was to be used for receiving distress signals from mariners and hikers.

For $239 million, that thing better control the climate!!!

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
MSNBC wrote: The satellite was intended to go into polar orbit in 2008 ... Officials said it was too early to determine how its schedule might be affected or whether any of its tasks will have to be changed.
Ok, they have four years to fix it, if it took longer than 4 years to build it in the first place, then it is obsolete now 4 years before they even were to get it launched. I'm not a rocket scientist but if a super computer is obsolete in a year’s time then it just seems to fit that in 2008 the technology in the satellite would be outdated. :silly:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by Zoomer
What, the're building a 285 million dollar project, and they can't afford two sets of hold down bolts :uh: [/B]

That probably would have raised the cost to $570 million!

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Gotta love it when you click to the next page, assuming there will be another interesting post or two to read, but then it's just Mr. Ad Bot again...

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
yeh it's like, you know, i'm in college and stuf, but why build something that breaks, ya know. i mean, like if i'm gonna spend alot on my septic tank and stuf, and like it breaks and costs me a hundred thou..hundred , a bunch of money then it aint no good anyway. 'cause sometimes at walmart they have the clearance isle, but the stuf is still good, why can't those guys with rockets do that, ya know, like maybe last years rocket had a turkey caller and a cammo face mask but this years has a turkey caller, face mask and stink musk, well then why not reduce the price of last years rocket and stuf. and, i know this guy and he drives a fork lift, a propane lift, and they drug test him and stuf so he don't wreck the roofing felt he moves, or run down his boss again, tho i think last time he ran his boss down on purpose 'cause he said the bears sucked and the rams were gonna win, and me and my buddy, mark were at lunch having chicago dawgs with all the fixens and drinking old style 40s and mark had 2 40s and said his boss was a weiner, but i can't talk about that cause the lawyer says no, but what i'm saying is mark can move a rocket on his fork lift long as he aint mad about the bears or full of old style. that's all i'm saying.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by motometal
Gotta love it when you click to the next page, assuming there will be another interesting post or two to read, but then it's just Mr. Ad Bot again...

... or some equally interesting post where someone is bitching about nothing. :confused:

dklink2000

Damn Yankees
Feb 18, 2002
“was not in the proper configuration for the planned activity.”

That's a good one, I'll have to remember that the next time I really screw up.

Top Bottom