Dorm essentils

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
So Brandonwho is off to college this year. Any suggestions on campus necessities besides the obvious of emergency pizza money, condoms, notebook, bedding, cup-o-noodles, and clothes? The fridge & microwave are covered and he has a Pelican Storm Case to stash some items and function as furniture.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Plastic totes - they work wonders to hold everything from clothing to toiletries.

And a pencil to go along with that notebook ;-)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
So squeak you don't know that boys use the pile plan to store stuff?

RoadDawg

Jul 10, 2009
Four cinder blocks.. (To put his bed up on) He'll have much more storage space under his bed that way. TV... You may wanna check on the microwave thing.. Most colleges won't allow a microwave in a dorm room.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
An alarm clock or two. Earplugs (in case he has neighbors like you when you were in school). Aspirin (in case he behaves like you when...)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Actually cinder blocks are not allowed and microwaves are suggested in his dorm. They will loft the bed on request though.

Alarm clock was something we just talked about at diner tonight. Earplugs are a great suggestion Gomer! Of course I guess the alarm clock would need to be pretty loud :think:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
a toothbrush goes a long way unless he's going all "John Wayne" on ya :)

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Make sure the front door has been rekeyed. When Randall went to school the kids had their keys copied and would go back and rob the current class. Seems to have gone on for several years and the geniuses that ran the place weren't smart enough to call a locksmith or change the lock. They were in apartments so might be a different situation.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
A positive attitude to learn would be a good thing, he'll have to come up with that one himself. May sound unusual but get references for a dentist, I got hit with a ball bat playing softball, had to come up with that one on the fly. A picture of Mom for the night stand would also be good.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
an alarm clock that goes off sporadically with the recording of a crying baby??

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
My first year one of the 3 concurrent jobs I had was to spend 2 hours every night some time between 1 am and 7 am rearranging furniture at the undergraduate library. If I was still awake I would do it from 1-3. If I went to bed before that, I would do it from 5-7. We got an extra set of the end for the bunk beds so my bed was up high with my desk and refrigerator under it. I had 2 alarm clocks, one on the wall up by my head and the other down on the desk under the bed. I wired them so that whenever either one went off it came through the speaker by my head. The first one would go off at 4:30 and I would shut it off. The second one would go off at 4:40 and I would be trying to shut off the one by my head while my roommate was throwing stuff at me and cussing me.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I've kicked the scooter idea around and decided between the smaller campus and him being a Sports Management / Kinesiology major he could use the exercise :laugh: well that and I don't have the coin for one right now :)

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Give him a pit viper. Most places consider anything under 50cc's in the same league as a moped and I doubt campus policy is going to scrutinize too much.

I have a friend at the University of South Carolina and he and his friend ride XR50's all over campus (USC has a large campus that is broken apart).

Ivan

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
every dorm room requires at least one lava lamp.............or am I too old?

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
Money. Cell phone charger. Long ethernet cable and hooks to hang it that don't put holes in the walls. And money.

Cabot

Sep 3, 2007
Noodles. The floaty things for swimming.

If his bed is loftable and he decides to put his desk or anything else under the bed, the bar on the bed is perfect height for hitting your head. :bang:

A couple noodles will save him many headaches.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
My roomate had one of these........

Of course he didn't do so well so maybe not a good idea.

Attachments

• bong.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 73

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
x2 on condoms...or Grandpa Patman

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'm pretty sure the coach would not buy off on that being a flower vase thumbs.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
ellandoh said:
every dorm room requires at least one lava lamp.............or am I too old?

A lava lamp? hmmmmmmm... my daughter will be entering her second year of art/fashion at a college in downtown San Francisco. Might be an idea for a gift in addition to all the money I send.

Oh yeah. Money works. :nod:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…