Dec 31, 2008
did anyone watch the xgames motocross that was on tv tonight? some guy did a double backflip. I am wondering whats the deal with those extra handle bar looking things those guys have on their bike?

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
double backflip is old the guy is Travis Pastrana. the extra levers on the bars helps them sit back down when they do the tricks that look like handstands in the air

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
TP did it goofing around in practice. Some freestyle guy did it in competition. But, it was the guy trying the front flip that caught my attention, sort of. Wonder if he is still alive! The whip competition was sick. The sx racing(taped)was lamer than usual. Vintage Bob

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
But, it was the guy trying the front flip that caught my attention, sort of. Wonder if he is still alive! Vintage Bob

He's ok Bob. Just knocked himself out.

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
Ol'89r said:
He's ok Bob. Just knocked himself out.

Thats good, that crash looked bad. They said he didnt even hit that jump before trying it, he should of at least hit it first attempt then tried the front flip on his second.

Todd potters whips are crazy. That 18?19? year old kid was throwing some sick whips too.

Dec 31, 2008
ellandoh said:
double backflip is old the guy is Travis Pastrana. the extra levers on the bars helps them sit back down when they do the tricks that look like handstands in the air

some Australian guy did a double back flip at the x games cameron sinclair. i guess he tried it before, and crashed, had to learn how to walk again, and pulled it off last night. I guess the only guy to do it besides travis pastrana? that guy that tried the front flip just looked ridiculous. there was no way he was going to pull that off, he was already about mid way through before he started to turn. I cant believe he actually committed to it.

Last edited:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Sideshow Scott Murray has completed many double backflips as well.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jG9V877rf-c&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jG9V877rf-c&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Paris Rosen has completed that front flip before just went bad at X.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bZ7PJ4qtc1E&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bZ7PJ4qtc1E&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Travis did the double during his victory run, then Sinclair did it for best trick. Murray hasn't been able to land it in competition yet; I'm a little bit happy that I didn't have to watch him wreck trying it again this year. I hope Rosen pulls through OK, and I am a bit disgusted that Erin Bates called him Sinclair during her report. I have grown tired of her idiocy over the years. Did anybody else notice that right after TP wished his mother a Happy 50th birthday Erin asked if he wanted to wish anybody a happy birthday? That was right up there with dropping a handful of rocks in Barcia's rut a while back. Now for the popularity contest that they called "best whip". Twitch can flip all day, but his whips SUCK. Both Grant and Hansen were throwing better whips. Yes, Potter was sick, maybe even Renner sick, but why did the fans choose Stenberg for bronze? Because they like him and don't know the MX riders. Sorry, but that one was tainted from the start. Still it was fun to see potter flying back wheel first while Twitch was waiting for the last moment to push his bars toward the ground.

Call it a rant or an observation, nut this is how I see it. i just wish that I could have seen Loza in best trick instead of the guys trying to get his trick right (and Maddison definitely did a good job of it).

Bring back street luge and super modified shovel racing.

Dec 31, 2008
FruDaddy said:
Travis did the double during his victory run, then Sinclair did it for best trick. Murray hasn't been able to land it in competition yet; I'm a little bit happy that I didn't have to watch him wreck trying it again this year. I hope Rosen pulls through OK, and I am a bit disgusted that Erin Bates called him Sinclair during her report. I have grown tired of her idiocy over the years. Did anybody else notice that right after TP wished his mother a Happy 50th birthday Erin asked if he wanted to wish anybody a happy birthday? That was right up there with dropping a handful of rocks in Barcia's rut a while back. Now for the popularity contest that they called "best whip". Twitch can flip all day, but his whips SUCK. Both Grant and Hansen were throwing better whips. Yes, Potter was sick, maybe even Renner sick, but why did the fans choose Stenberg for bronze? Because they like him and don't know the MX riders. Sorry, but that one was tainted from the start. Still it was fun to see potter flying back wheel first while Twitch was waiting for the last moment to push his bars toward the ground.

Call it a rant or an observation, nut this is how I see it. i just wish that I could have seen Loza in best trick instead of the guys trying to get his trick right (and Maddison definitely did a good job of it).

Bring back street luge and super modified shovel racing.

why is she even an announcer? is she a producers wife or girlfriend or something?

Top Bottom