drzboi

Apr 23, 2006
Hey - looking to get some info on the max weight limit on my 02 DRZ400e. my buddy has been riding along with me from time to time on it, and we got some cleated buddy pegs for it and haven't had any problems...just wondering if anyone knows the actual weight limit for the bike if there is one? i weight about 190 pounds fully geared and he weighs 270 or so with gear, and the bike has no problem taking right off riding two up and has plenty of power! we've taken it through some mud a few times and have gotten stuck once or twice, and though she takes it like a champ and the tire doesn't stop spinning, it doesn't take long before it starts to overheat and we have to get off and pull it out, which made me think maybe the two of us is too much load for it to handle?? any suggestions, or possibly an idea with the overheating problem? Thanks!

drzboi

Apr 23, 2006
Weight Limit

Hey - looking to get some info on the max weight limit on my 02 DRZ400e. my buddy has been riding along with me from time to time on it, and we got some cleated buddy pegs for it and haven't had any problems...just wondering if anyone knows the actual weight limit for the bike if there is one? i weight about 190 pounds fully geared and he weighs 270 or so with gear, and the bike has no problem taking right off riding two up and has plenty of power! we've taken it through some mud a few times and have gotten stuck once or twice, and though she takes it like a champ and the tire doesn't stop spinning, it doesn't take long before it starts to overheat and we have to get off and pull it out, which made me think maybe the two of us is too much load for it to handle?? any suggestions, or possibly an idea with the overheating problem? Thanks!

drzboi

Apr 23, 2006
Overheating - Too much weight?? Help!

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
why are you riding double everywhere???? and why did you make 3 seperate threads for one single question??

drzboi

Apr 23, 2006
I don't know...it just happend once, and we've done it a few times just pounding around on the trails behind my house. I just want to know if that's technically over the weight limit? Don't want to damage my bike, or lose my clutch or anything, I don't do it much but it's definately kidna cool to make the engine scream and the mud fly once in a while =)

drzboi

Apr 23, 2006
Nah =) The bike's more fun! I had a quad but got rid of it. Its mroe fun having a bike that i can take on the road if i want to. But since no one knows anything about an actual weight limit I'll just go with it, it's taking everything i throw at it just fine excepft for occasional overheating in the mud so I'm not too worried!

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
robwbright said:
Dude - more than 450 pounds on a dirt bike? :whoa:

Would you even do that to a 1200 cc Harley?
Have you seen the women that climb on the back of Harleys? And that's behind their fat hairy men. Those thing must come sprung for at least 800lbs stock.
Now that I think of it, I'm not sure they all climb onto the Harley. Several of them are probably hoisted down onto it.:ride:

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
tell your friend to buy a bike so it solves any question you have about weight issues

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
drzboi said:
Nah =) The bike's more fun!

It's more fun without a passenger :nod:

drzboi

Apr 23, 2006
Sometimes! Gonna go out double stacked tomorrow to play in the mud, give her a little workout Hehe. my buddys supposed to be getting a bike in a week or so, so probably for the last time. Maybe i'll make him tote me around a couple times, see how his bike takes it lol Hopefully better than my little DS100 - didn't go too good =/ I live by the motto either she'll go or she'll blow!

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
The weight limit on my 650L was 370lbs. I am guessing the DRZ is similar.

I took my brother to the shop to pick up his KLR on the back of my XRL. We were both 240 at the time and I wish I had a video of us two fat guys riding down the interstate on a dirtbike. Stopping was a real chore and I know it was riding low. Needless to say, that only happened once.

I can't imagine riding double up with a 270lb guy on trails :think:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom