Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
cyclenews.com

SUPERMOTO - Henry To Make Supermoto Debut
Posted By Paul Carruthers

SuperDoug 9/24/2003

The following release is from AMA Pro Racing...

Doug Henry, the immensely popular former AMA U.S. Motocross and Supercross Champion plans to race round three of the AMA Red Bull Supermoto Championship aboard a Yamaha-supported YZ450F. Riding as part of Team MotoDynamics the “semi-retired” motocrosser will make his first AMA Supermoto appearance at Columbus, Ohio on October 5, then compete in the remainder of the championship.

Dr. Rob Tuluie, creator of the Tul-aris GP bike and owner of Team MotoDynamics, confirms Henry’s plans and is thrilled to have the likable rider on the team.

“Doug brings a wealth of talent to everything he does and we think his prospects in this series are very good,” said Tuluie. “Doug’s work ethic, commitment and past successes in racing will serve him well as he transitions to supermoto racing.”

Tuluie says his team will be fielding a “pretty trick” YZ450F in the championship. “With Yamaha’s support we have built what we think will be a very competitive motorcycle,” said Tuluie. Yamaha recognizes the tremendous interest in AMA Supermoto racing and wants to be a part of that. Plus, the YZ450F is the perfect platform for this form of racing so we’re looking for good results right away.”

Henry, who retired from active motocross racing in 1999, has made it a point to return to his home track in Southwick, Mass., yearly to stay current in the AMA Chevy Trucks U.S. Motocross Championship. At this year’s race he posted an impressive 6th place in moto one before suffering a DNF in moto two. Showing his versatility, Henry has also dabbled in snowmobile and mountain bike racing.

“I’m really looking forward to Columbus,” said Henry. “It’s going to be great to get out there and bang bars with McGrath, Wardy and everyone else. Supermoto is definitely a wave of the future and it’ll be great to be involved.”

BigR

Dec 27, 2000
And when the KX450F comes out can we expect to see Jeff Emig? This Supermoto thing is like the retired riders club. Don't get me wrong, I think it's cool to see these guys out there again.

Retire from MX/SX and go do Supermoto or GNCC...... hmmm...

Top Bottom