dp clutch in a ktm rfs?

sloopy

Feb 16, 2004
anyone ever install the dp clutch kit in a ktm rfs? i installed the kit last night and it seemed thicker than the stock and now my clutch doesnt work? am i supposed to leave a couple disk out?

sloopy

Feb 16, 2004
stock steel plates are 1mm and the dp kit comes with 4 - 1mm and 4 - 1.4mm thick steel plates. which i guess are so the clutch wont get as hot. dp said they have never had anyone ever have one not fit. they are sending me 8 - 1mm steel plates, this should take care of this problem.

sloopy

Feb 16, 2004
yeah i am not sure what the deal is but it just wont fit the stack height is to much. dp said they have never had any problems. i talked with a few ktm techs and they both ask me why i didnt get the stock clutch kit. i figured the dp kit was better. i wonder if the sx clutch basket is different than the exc?

sloopy

Feb 16, 2004
dp sent me 8-1mm steel clutch plates to fix the problem. i installed 6 of the standard 1mm thick plates, and 2 of the 1.4mm plates, and it works perfectly. the reason i installed the 2 thicker plates was in hopes that this will keep my clutch cooler, and add alittle weight to the clutch also, seems noticable.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…